Made a forum patch!

That's pretty darn slick, Vlad! I am wondering if you have to do something to make the imprint area dark like that or does it get that way naturally? EDIT: Disregard that question. I forgot that you heat the die.

I've been eyeing a 3D printer for some time now, just waiting for the market to shake out and see who is going to be around for the long haul in terms of support.

The die is printed in plastic so no heat coming out of it, I'm not sure why the letters come out dark but I'm not complaining!

There isn't a whole lot of support needed once you get familiar with the printer. Most parts (at least on my unit) can be replaced with off the shelf components. But I have been playing with cnc for a few years prior so this seemed pretty straight forward. Though it took a few months to get it working the way I wanted and get the right programs.

Right on, nicely done! Aren't 3D printers cool??!! I have a Flashforge too and love it! My cad program of choice is Tinkercad. Super fun and easy to use. ;) Keep up the great work!

I love it! Never used tinkercad but I'm happy with sketchup and it's free as well.

That is really cool.

Can you do up one with skull and crossed swords?

I'll try it when I get a chance.

Thanks again guys and gals!

I used google sketchup, I don't print t-shirts but if you do I can make you file with the design in vector.

That is just awesome. You could set up a zazzle account with this image and people could buy it on everything from goodies to coffee mugs. Would be a great way to make some money for the forum.

Got mine in the mail today, very nice! Have to decide where to put it now. Thanks Vlad and inspector Carol!! :lol:

A member asked me if anyone on the forum made patches, I offered to make one out of heavy leather I have.

Never done any of this kind of work before but it seemed doable, I watched some videos on youtube and used sketchup to design and my 3D printer to make a die.

View attachment 346046

You put the leather in hot water to make it soft and clamp it in a vise between some blocks of wood and the die.

I wasn't too sure if the plastic die will hold up but it worked :shock:

Took 3 times to get the smaller font to print but I think it turned out pretty cool.

PM me if you want one.

picture.php

Size is 3.5x2 inches.
Looks great, kinda reminds me of the friendly ice cream logo.

Looks cool!:cool:
I already know right where it's goin' too! :yes:
I got a , like new, Carrhart vest I got from a company that I used to work for, with their company logo on it. I only wear it while detecting anyways. Wa-la! It will be covering up the logo!

Those 3D printers look like they would be a lot of fun. I'm still figuring out computers. I doubt if I could figure one of them out. At 70 I doubt if I could.Things have changed a lot since I was young. I don't even understand a lot of the new detectors.

Thanks guys!
The 3D printer itself is like a normal printer, it just prints in plastic.
It's the software where you design your part that is probably the most challenging. Once you draw your part, you need another software to convert your 3D drawing to a file format that your printer will understand.
It could be hard if you never done anything like this before but it is a lot of fun once you figure it out!

Back
Top Bottom