Ice Cream

mine sweeper

The other day on the phone I was talking to my brother and he mentioned the ice creams that were available in our youth. These ice creams did not have the endless combination of flavors that we have today. In fact, the varieties were but a few: Vanilla, Stawberry, Chocolate, Butter Brickle, Rum Raisin and but few others. Curiosity prompted an internet search for Rum Raisin, and, frankly, I did not expect to find any.

However, the search listed Haagen-Dazs! A quick trip to their website had a product finder that quickly had my zip code entered and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but Rum Raisin Ice Cream right here at my local Wal-Mart. An 800 number on the side of the container got me the Haagen-Dazs customer feedback line. Thank the Lord, Rum raisin is not a seasonal ice cream for them ... they make it year around.

Although I did not need my metal detector to locate the Rum Raisin Ice Cream, I am declaring it my find of the year!

I was never a big rum raisin fan, but I really miss being able to find butter brickle like I used to get at High's. You should be able to find Vanilla/Chocolate/Strawberry listed as Neapolitan.

Merry Christmas,

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom