Classic cars anyone

A friend of mine back in the '70s had a Javelin and then the AMX came out and he wanted one back, but, college got in the way.

Oddly, I have a set of license plate around here somewhere that are AMX 390. They came off from my MGB Roadster. With all the junk in the garage the metal detector would be overloaded trying to find them.
The AMX 2-seater package came out in 1968. Along with the Javelin, that had a longer body. In 1971 the AMX Javelin hit the dealerships, died in 1974, and later AMX morphed into the Eagle and Hornet.

Awesome rides folks. I especially love that 70 AMX and 70 Superbee. I too have a 71 Javelin awaiting its turn for restoration. I can get a 70 AMX as well for $4k, but it doesn't have a title.

One of my car "gang" here locally is TOTALLY into Javelin/AMX restorations and rebuilds them from the ground up, using a rotisserie. He knows every part down to every nut and bolt. Does them for people all over the midwest and he doesn't even have to advertise. Even though I'm a Mopar fan, I've developed quite an appreciation for these Javelins. I've always liked the AMC Marlins also.

The AMX 2-seater package came out in 1968. Along with the Javelin, that had a longer body. In 1971 the AMX Javelin hit the dealerships, died in 1974, and later AMX morphed into the Eagle and Hornet.

And the Spirit. I had a 1980 Spirit and drove it for years, all over the Midwest.

And the Spirit. I had a 1980 Spirit and drove it for years, all over the Midwest.
Thanks Mike, I forgot about the spirit.

There was also the Gremlin X (V8), Hornet X, Matador X and Pacer X (ha-ha yes they put a V8 in a pacer).

American motors built their own performance V8's, including the 360, 390 and 401, all small blocks.

There was also the Gremlin X (V8), Hornet X, Matador X and Pacer X (ha-ha yes they put a V8 in a pacer).

American motors built their own performance V8's, including the 360, 390 and 401, all small blocks.

Them Gremlins were ugly. BUT, if I could get my A$$$ in one I would prob get it. For a decent price of course :D .

AMC had some great cars over the years, but I think that the Matador and the Pacer had to be two of the ugliest cars ever. :(

Back
Top Bottom