Something,,,Maybe

xhunter30

:?:My son and I have been m/d around what`s left of an old burned down house. No real finds around house, no real finds at barns, chicken house or outhouse, just lots of bottles, and even they are not very interesting. But today we checked behind the outhouse and noticed someone (a long time ago) had tied strips of an old bedspread to 5 trees all within site of each other. This made an unseen trail (no trail on the ground) that went for 300 to 400yrd.s easy before we lost site of anymore strips. The person who lived in the house must have been in the service, we foundold mag.s dated 47-51 from the navy in the shed, and the boards used to make the shed were army stamped. Any ideas, anyone heard of this kind of thing b-4. The trail was marked for some reason,,,,but all we have found so far is tics& chiggers.................I`m still itching...

Wow!!! I could read a million things into that marked trail, and not many are good. Kinda like dropping breadcrumbs maybe?

We have a lot of spooky folks who take over old, abandoned houses here in the mountains. Maybe that's what happened there?

Who knows. That's why I carry a gun when in the woods. Don't want to hear any banjos playing.

A little more info...

Try 2 give you all a layout,,,the house is @10ft. from the Rd. direct. behind the house old woodshed, 2 the left and behind house 2 barns, behind barns chicken house, behind that is the outhouse. The trail starts behind outhouse and runs off at a left angle it seems to make a lrge circle to the backside of the yard,,,,but it`s not property markers cause the site is 200 acres.Maybe 2 trails leading out to one spot somewere in the woods??? It is somwhat swampy but fully woode (old growth trees) ANY IDEAS?????????

No, the strips on the trees are very old and there is no footpath that can be seen.Thats whats making finding more of the markers so hard to do. If we don`t get the storms they call 4 tomorrow I will try to get some pics and post em.

I'd be very curious about that trail. Do the trees form any kind of shape or are they in a line? If you continue on the path, projecting out where the next tree or two might be, do you see any more markers? Maybe one or two fell off in the middle of the trail and the trail continues? Is there anything noticably different about the last marker or the site of the last marker?

Sounds obvious, but have you MDed the marked path and the area around the last marker?

Last found marker

The last found marker is on an old pine tree that looks like it fell 50 yr.s ago. it had to be tied after the fall this tree was prob. 75 to 100ft. tall when it was standing.

Are the stips obviously old? If they were real old they should have rotted off.Or they would be broken from the tree growing. Could it be markers to a deer blind? Have you found the remaining material? I dont know about your area but here its wise to be cautious. Heres why. Few years back me and a friend were riding horseback in a creek bed. We saw simular markings in trees and on a fence. Like you we followed them. About 4-500 yards into the nastiest brush and briars you ever saw. At the end they just stopped. About 2 months later I was plowing a feild near there. And saw people running through the woods. I got a few friends together along with several firearms and beer. We went down the flag trail again, this time on a dozer. We came to the end of the flags and were going to call the hunt when the ground gave way. I managed to get the dozer out without tearing up the hole. It was a 20x20 underground meth lab. DEA or some agency landed a chopper in the feild and used my trail to clean the thing out. There was an elaborate trolley system in the trees that we didnt notice. It was used to haul the chemicals and supplys in to manufacture the drugs. I never went near the site again. I was afraid that the "cooks" may want to retaliate for the harm I had done to the industry. Be very careful. Dont look for something you dont want to find. Those boys are ruthless and if you get in the way They WILL move you.

metelman

yes they seem to be pretty old, the tree has grown up around the cloth on a couple of them, it`s the only reason they are still there I think. They seem to make either a circle coming back to the back of the yard or there are two trails one from the side and one from the back, maybe leading off to the same thing?

Loggers used to mark trees with cloth or plastic strips. I guess I should have said pulp wood cutters. Not sure without seeing what you did.

Booker

Only 1 pine so far the rest were pin oak and white oak. The pine when it was alive was prob. 100' tall so it wasn`t marked till after it fell.

just something to think about but when i set a tree stand for deer hunting i place torn cloth on the tree my stand is in and also the trees nearest to easily find my stand in the dark,when i get there i place a dab of deer and masking scent on the cloth to attract deer and cover my scent.

Back
Top Bottom