1/10 Balboa - 2001 Panamanian Coin

Thatsit

Forum Supporter
I was sorting some of my clad to go into my new tumbler and found this coin. It is a 1/10th Balboa coin from Panama. It is a 2001 mint and I had no clue I even found it. I thought it was a dime. I might of found it on a night hunt or something, who knows. But I will take it for sure. I will add this one to my foreign coin stack. Doesn't look like many are posted here. I know they had some old silver ones, but I am happy with this surprise in my pile. HH!:cool:

Image76.jpg

Image77.jpg

Image78.jpg

Well basically, you do have a dime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panamanian_balboa

It should be the same size and composition as a US dime. And if I remember right, the US mints them for Panama too. I had a 25 centavo coin from there, wound up using it in a vending machine. Wouldn't take Canadian quarters, but took the Panamanian coin.

yeah no doubt...it looked exactly like a dime from in the pile until i sorted it. I would love to find an old silver one, but this is all good too....Maybe Jason and Greg will drop some gold coins or something.....:) :cool:

Yeah those rotten old gold coins. Specially the ones with holes in them, I'd probably throw the smelly old thing away!!:laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom