Abandoned Drive-in

brocantes

Finally got a chance to check out an abandoned drive-in theater but was disappointed. The whole area looks like it is asphalt from what I could see. There are trees and other vegetation that have broken through. I'll probably try to locate the area in front of the screens but other than that, it doesn't look too promising. I haven't had a chance to detect around here in 2-3 weeks because of all of the rain. Hope to hunt today or tomorrow!

Keep an eye out for the playground area. normally it would have been in front of the screen. I use Google earth and can see where the screen was at our old closed drive-In.

Be prepared for lots and lots of trash. Lots of goodies mixed in as well.

Last edited:
Our old drive-in is the same way.... total asphalt. I have always wondered if it was used as just dirt for any time before being paved.

I have hunted an old drive in around by me. The one I go to is gravel. Very difficult hunting with gravel and tall grass and literally buckets of pull tabs and bottle caps everywhere. Many hours and only have found two wheat cents.

This is an interesting post. Just a few days ago i was thinking about researching old drive-in sights in NJ and Eastern PA to see whether or not they had any potential.

The one near me was turned into a golf center many years ago. I can't remember whether it was grass, gravel, or pavement,though.

drive-ins

may be a silly question but do you still need permission for old drive-ins? what are your experiences with drive-ins NOT operating any longer-
noob here

You need the proper permission just like for a vacant lot, country field, or abandoned old gas station. The hardest work is doing the research to locate the owner and ask for permission to hunt.

They built a post office over where our parking lot use to be here but where the screen and playground equipment was is kind of open and grassy. Think I could get any luck of getting permission to hunt that area?

drive-ins

that's what I thought, I know I have to use discretion just didn't know how much-thanks!

Back
Top Bottom