Duracell Quantum vs. Generic?

ollievon

Elite Member
Just a curious question about batteries and your machines - For the past year I have been using either regular Duracell Coppertop or Rayovac and they have worked splendid, recently I noticed while at the barber shop a copy of Consumer Reports and they had a review on AAA batteries - citing that the new Duracell Quantum AAA's to be far more of a better deal than basics Copper Tops.

I've used Quantum's in my 705 for the past month and have detected quite a bit - they seem to be lasting far longer - but I'm curious if anyone uses these or has a preference.

I once used the bulk pack from Harbor Freight and they died within a week, total junk.

I used to swear by Duracell until a local mom and pop store got some weird, off brand, bright yellow batteries. They lasted longer than Duracell by some time. The store closed and now I either use Duracell or Energizer, whichever is cheaper where I buy them. I am now curious to try the Duracell Quantum batteries just to see.

Doug

Neither? I use rechargeable NiMh Batteries in all my MD Equipment. I like the Tenergy brand but eneloop's get good reviews. I use a 9v in my propointer and AA's in my AtPro. They last forever and if they go dead I carry extras.

I've tried lots of different batteries, most of which surprised me with how quickly they ran out of juice. I bought a pack of the Duracell Quantum batteries and now I'm surprised at how long they last! They are my battery of choice until I hear of something better.

I use Duracell in mine. I used energizer ones and they didn't last to long like the Duracell do. The new Duracell ones are a little costly compared to the regular ones but may be worth it. I'll give a try next time.

@JWalker3, same here. I've used the same set of Harbor Freight rechargeables in my AT Pro for over 2 years.

I got a really good deal on Rayovac and they seem to last pretty long, though Duracell seems to last longer. For the price though, Rayovac seems to be fine.

Eneloop (Sanyo) rechargeables are awesome. Same two sets for my ATP for 3 years with no noticeable change in capacity

Duracell Quantum 1580 mAh
Eneloop 1900 mAh for the latest generation (with 2000 + charges)

Not all generics are equal. Thats about all I use. Some dont last very long at all but some , like the Meijer brand powecells seem to give me just as long as the major brands , amybe even longer than energizers. To me it just makes practical sense to use generics , even if there are a few hours difference in the expected lifetime because of the convenience and the fact that I use my clad coins to pay for them so they are basically free and I dont have to give up as much of my clad to buy them. I could try rechargeables but I choose convenience over the extra process of charging batteries. When my batteries get low , its just a two or three minute swap on the go.

I use Walgreens, which I get on sale, or Energizer Ultimate Lithium. The Walgreens last as long as long as Duracell. The Ultimate Lithium batteries last twice as long as anything have used, and weigh half as much. I've used Duracell Rechargeable batteries, but didn't have the same luck others did. They didn't seem to last as long as Alkaline and lost the ability to recharge after too short a time.

Save money in the long run and buy eneloop batteries and eneloop charger. You will never go back to throw away batteries.

Back
Top Bottom