abandoned drive-in theaters

skeazle

Hey guys this might be a dumb question. Has anyone ever had the chance to dig at an old abandoned drive in theater? They are still around, I see them in my travels from time to time but I don't know who you'd ask for permission. I could picture it being a real super find.

A few years ago I detected an abandoned drive in. There was tons of trash everywhere. I concentrated on the area around the concession stand and did OK and found a few silver coins but it was an arduous task.

Good luck.

Can't find one abandoned. Of the 4 I know of two had stores built on top of them aka paved over and the other 2 have been reopened and are showing movies on weekends.

The one i remembered and enjoyed as a kid now has a Wallyworld built right on top of it.Drive ins was part of a fun time in our lives.The back two rows with the foggy windows was where if the vans rockin' phrase came from:laughing:Don't drive off with that speaker now:lol: Don't even like these new cinemas with 10 dollar popcorn.We used to make our own;) Remember meeting an Italian Tarzan one night complete with a caged leopard.You ever seen a live animal in a Cinema:?:

The one i remembered and enjoyed as a kid now has a Wallyworld built right on top of it.Drive ins was part of a fun time in our lives.The back two rows with the foggy windows was where if the vans rockin' phrase came from:laughing:Don't drive off with that speaker now:lol: Don't even like these new cinemas with 10 dollar popcorn.We used to make our own;) Remember meeting an Italian Tarzan one night complete with a caged leopard.You ever seen a live animal in a Cinema:?:

hiding in the trunk to get in free:lol:

The last remaining drive-in in my area closed down about ten years ago - the lot is now completely paved over with a Home Depot now.

I do wish I had been into MDing back then - I gotta think there are some cool finds waiting under that pavement.

Most had gravel parking spots and are hard packed... digging is difficult if not impossible.

Never know unless you try though :)

Back
Top Bottom