The Name Says it All! B V L G A R I (UPDATE - SOLD!)

Never mind the name sounds like someone throwing up, I'll take the $300 any day!

R5

$350 today to a co-worker.

Killer price for what amounts to a gilded stainless steel ring.

I pulled $350 from a wedding band that had a .79 carat princess cut stone... Couldn't believe how little it went for. Wish I'd kept it, instead...

Congrats!

I finally retrieve the ring and notice the tell-tale “BVLGARI” on the side of the ring. At first I thought it was an imitation, but as start to rub it with sand it gets shinier! I now decide it’s possibly the real deal!!! :dingding: What’s funny is just about 20-30 yards away was another pirate with his CTX working the cut I had worked 3 hours earlier. This ring was deep and not near a “visible” cut. Evidently there was some erosion on some not so obvious sections of beach. At home with my jeweler’s glasses, I can see tiny inner markings “57”, “AU750”, “3646AL”,”Made in Italy” “Steel” and a serial #. My very 1st BVLGARI and on the board for December!
Do not rush to define white rings of famous brands as "stainless steel"; palladium or palladium alloys are often there ... you can check it by electrolysis or acid (orange or brown indicates this)
.. is also platinum, but it is almost always labeled.

Do not rush to define white rings of famous brands as "stainless steel"; palladium or palladium alloys are often there ... you can check it by electrolysis or acid (orange or brown indicates this)
.. is also platinum, but it is almost always labeled.

I think it's perfectly fine to rush to define this as a stainless steel ring, but only because the OP provided evidence.

At home with my jeweler’s glasses, I can see tiny inner markings “57”, “AU750”, “3646AL”,”Made in Italy” “Steel” and a serial #.

Color and size added for emphasis. :)

I'm pretty sure it's a fair assumption it's steel. LOL

Skippy

Although I am happy at the $350 I could've possibly squeezed some more juice out of the lemon.

Attachments

• Bulgari.jpg
    Bulgari.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 65
You didn't check the flea-bay first? Whoa...
Yeah, been there, done that. Bottom line is, you're $350 richer. :)
Nicely done!
There wasn't one at that time with any bid amount. It's OK and you're correct - I am $350 richer. Not having to deal with PayPal & Ebay fees, and the hassle of mailing it and possibly having a disgruntled buyer doing a return is also a consideration. :yes:

two wins in your column first the rush of finding it and second quick sale , no strings fast cash- SUHWEET congrats x2

Back
Top Bottom