Wished I bought this years ago

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I recently bought the Equinox 800 and even though it was lighter than my previous detector I still needed help with my carpal tunnel wrist issues. So I looked at Minelab's harnes, but it was too expensive. I found the DetectorPro Detecting Pal which is cheaper at $25 and simple to use.

Now there is no weight to swinging my 800. It feels like it is floating and it takes hardly any effort to swing. I think it was originally developed for the heavier machines like the CTX 3030. But on the 800 it is a dream. Also you don't have to go to any trouble laying your detector down when digging. When I bend over the detector just lays to my right side. (no I don't sell these or work for any mfg or dealer).

https://www.google.com/search?q=det...UIDCgD&biw=1536&bih=759#imgrc=qKeBNU7YSPcuvM:

Last edited:
I have used the detecting pal for a few years. I bought the minelab one and I could never get to fit me. It was just too cumbersome for me The pal does get quite ratty looking after a couple years of Hard usage.

I came across a couple of those Swingy Thingy harnesses, when I moved recently.

I bought those years ago, when I was swinging a CZ-5 and using the 10.5" coil. That combo would fatigue an arm if swung for more than an hour!

I recommend the Detector Pro harness.

I went to a flea market and bought a supply of those connectors and made a short belt connector for all my detectors.

I just hook up the Detector Pal to any detector I choose to use.

Back
Top Bottom