Equinox 600 dry sand tips

Robm1093

Equinox 600 on dry sand towel line, I'm frustrated on the dry sand because where I am going is loaded with bottle ca ps and trash.
There's nothing more frustrating than digging 30-40 bottle caps at 10 to 12 in down. Should I change my strategy to only scanning the first few inches of sand to look for freshly dropped items.? Or should I continue to dig deep and hope to find items that were missed by others? Wetsand I have no problems I turn the sensitivity up as high as possible . What do you think?

Equinox 600 on dry sand towel line, I'm frustrated on the dry sand because where I am going is loaded with bottle ca ps and trash.
There's nothing more frustrating than digging 30-40 bottle caps at 10 to 12 in down. Should I change my strategy to only scanning the first few inches of sand to look for freshly dropped items.? Or should I continue to dig deep and hope to find items that were missed by others? Wetsand I have no problems I turn the sensitivity up as high as possible . What do you think?

Have you tried to check suspect targets using 5khz???
You might get away with doing this in the dry sand.

I have no experience eon salt water beach. Just fresh water beach sand.

Well, BCs are a problem for the EQX. If you are only working the dry sand you could either cut your sensitivity way down or just go buy a cheap radio-shack detector that cant detect deep anyway. Hunting the dry sand with a salt-water capable machine is a waste IMO.

Most of the time I hunt the wet sand and a little in the water, on occasion I'll hit the dry sand. I can just turn down the sensitivity however my main question was would it be a good strategy to hunt shallow in the dry sand when the beach is constantly hit with metal detectors? My thoughts are I'm mostly going to find recently drop items in the dry sand

I use the Equinox in the dry sand and do very well with it. Watch some Robert Ferguson YouTube videos for what to look and listen for. Good luck!

Bottle caps are the bane of a dry sand hunters life. I hate them. Dig shallow, dig fast. I wouldn't go for anything deep on the dry sand.

BCD

Back
Top Bottom