At Treasure Week last Saturday for Kenny Wray's hunt

kamogawa

The highlight of my two days of hunting was at Treasure Fest 2011 was seeing Kenny Wray. The last time I saw him was at the one of the memorable hunts at his family farm back in 1982.

Attachments

• Kenny.jpg
    Kenny.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 477
Kenny Wray's 50th Anniversary Hunt

With the legendary Kenny Wray in Wray's Treasure Shop. 50th Anniversary Hunt back at his family farm. Thanks Kenny, Mona, Lawrence and Angela!
May 6th, 2018 - Seymour, Ind.

Attachments

• Kenny Wray's 50th Anniiversary Hunt.jpg
    Kenny Wray's 50th Anniiversary Hunt.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 422
I'm only replying on this older post as I was given a link to it. I'm Kristen...Kenny Wray is my grandpa so I'm super proud of seeing this for the first time. My uncle Lawrence and cousin Dustin just had a coin hunt this past weekend at the same location. My Grandpa is doing great and so is my grandma. If you have any questions, let me know them!

Kenny and Mona Wray

I'm only replying on this older post as I was given a link to it. I'm Kristen...Kenny Wray is my grandpa so I'm super proud of seeing this for the first time. My uncle Lawrence and cousin Dustin just had a coin hunt this past weekend at the same location. My Grandpa is doing great and so is my grandma. If you have any questions, let me know them!

Hi Kristen - I recently learned that your Grandma Mona passed away. I was very saddened to hear that. I remember her well from the early 1980s hunts at the farm and I spent a lot of time talking with her at the 50th Anniversary hunt She was there at the counter with Angela and Kenny was relaxing in his easy chair in between hunt events. I know they were looking forward to full-time retirement and going on trips that they had looked forward to for years. She was always a gracious host at the Wray hunts and everyone enjoyed getting to know her. The Wray farm was everyone's home away from home. I wish you could have seen back in the days when there when there were over a thousand people there each year. It was like one huge family reunion, but I know you have heard many stories and seen pictures of the glory days of the organized treasure hunts back in the day. I hope your Grandfather is doing well, but I know it has been a difficult time for the family. My name is Brian George. He probably doesn't remember me, but give him my best. Your Grandparents gave thousands of treasure hunters 50+ years of memories to cherish.

The picture is of me with my Mom, brother and Jesse Blackshire of Memphis back in 1981.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-140558_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220627-140558_Photos~2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 93
With the legendary Kenny Wray in Wray's Treasure Shop. 50th Anniversary Hunt back at his family farm. Thanks Kenny, Mona, Lawrence and Angela!
May 6th, 2018 - Seymour, Ind.

You sure look a lot like the original poster of this thread, amazing resemblance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.02.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.02.51 PM.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.06.54 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.06.54 PM.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 91
Same Ol' Person as before

You sure look a lot like the original poster of this thread, amazing resemblance.

Hi Oro!

Yep, same person. I wasn't able to log back into my old timer account because I no longer had that same email address. (I miss that account, too, but Yahoo was hacked years ago and sadly my favorite account went away) Alas, I had to create a new account.

Hi Oro!

Yep, same person. I wasn't able to log back into my old timer account because I no longer had that same email address. (I miss that account, too, but Yahoo was hacked years ago and sadly my favorite account went away) Alas, I had to create a new account.

How did you travel back in time to create this "New" account?

I hadn't posted for years. I was away from the forum for a long time, then wanted to restart the account, but it wouldn't let me. :mad:

I see, you had an old account(suntorycity) which you really liked using. You wanted to use suntorycity but that account email was hacked and you couldn't get in, so you then made a "New" account.

What is your "New" account? because the account you are posting from is old.

I see, you had an old account(suntorycity) which you really liked using. You wanted to use suntorycity but that account email was hacked and you couldn't get in, so you then made a "New" account.

What is your "New" account? because the account you are posting from is old.

I have been on my favorite metal detecting sites off albeit ten years apart in different states. I had to start brand new at a lot of those sites recently. Some let me re-start up my ol timer accounts and some didn't. Such a pain.

Back
Top Bottom