Lady Liberty but denied

longbow62

Forum Supporter
I got a permission to hunt a early 60's house that had a much older home on it before the early 60's house was built. The trash in the ground was horrible. I try to cherry pick unless I am in a field or pasture to begin with, but this was a nightmare. I was getting a headache and getting to where I could not concentrate due to the constant tones being thrown at me. I finally found a somewhat trash free area and found a clad dime then a state quarter. I got up next to a flower bed and got a nice tone 96-98. I thought wow those are high numbers. My impact said 4" with solid numbers 360 degrees around the target so I decided to dig it. I kind of missed the pin point. It was in the side of the hole 4"-5" inches deep. I saw it and thought clad half dollar wiped and saw Lady Liberty knew that can't be right. Wiped more dirt off and it made out World War ll. Turns out it was a pendent at one time. I figure a child broke the hanger off and then tried to punch a hole in it. The hole did not quite go thru and it was slightly bent a little in that spot. Turns out it's brass. Several online for sale.

Attachments

• wwlla.jpg
    wwlla.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 183
  • wwllb.jpg
    wwllb.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 179
Cool find! It's part of a WW2 medal. I found this one last year. :grin:

Attachments

• IMAG0231.jpg
    IMAG0231.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 160
Thanks, yep an interesting and neat find. Better than the normal trash target you usually get when you dig those high numbers for sure!

Back
Top Bottom