Late intro!

Jardine

I had forgotten to intro myself upon joining the site, so here goes! I am a detecting newbie, only at it for a couple months. Was initially attracted to the hobby by watching utube videos of detectors finding all kinds of neat stuff. I have always been a collector of odd things, filling my garage with rocks, old implements, antlers and skulls, naturally decorative wood, etc. I am most interested in detecting for old coins and relics of yesteryear. I am particularly interested in old pistol and rifle cases. I was an anthropology major in college with an emphasis in archeology so recovery and interpretation of artifacts has been a lifelong fascination. Of course I would love to dig a gold nugget or a gold coin but am just as interested in the mundane items of daily life that our forefathers used and then lost or discarded. I consider it a window to the past. I live in rural Montana so no beaches to hunt and very few public parks. I spend most of my time detecting old abandoned homesteads scattered throughout the hills. I am really enjoying this hobby thus far and look forward to more interesting finds. Good luck out there, Jardine.

Back
Top Bottom