New Member From The Ozarks

OzarkDetector

Good Day.
I built my first detector back in 1970, from a Heathkit. The only thing it was really any good at, was working out your forearm, as it was heavy and unbalanced.
I never owned a real detector until now. (UPS says my Equinox 800 will be here tomorrow, signature required, yay !).
I've always checked in on this hobby over the years, odd I never persued it, guess I was too busy being an audiophile.
Nevertheless, now disabled with various medical issues, I'm in Mountain Home, Arkansas. Smack dab in-between two rivers, and two lakes. This is The Middle Of The Ozarks, one great place to live in the USA, especially so if you like clean air and water. This will be a good hobby for me to get some excecise. I've followed numismatics all my life, so hope to that helping me to be a knowledgeable coin-shooter, at least with USA coins.
An extra benefit is my spouse is right on board with all this, and is excited to become a part of this hobby.

So cheers to all of you, my new friends. I do have some questions to ask, but I'll reserve those for other posts.

Welcome from west Mi.
This was my first detector.
6af34fd5dce86c13d7b267daad88263c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Maybe your audiophile background will help you distinguish the tones your 800 will throw at you 😀😀

Welcome Mr. Ozark! Having a keen ear will most certainly help you in the game of modern detecting. Besides the actual TONES,there are sure to be various nuances in the audio signal that just can’t be taught to any serious degree,one must learn them as an individual. Spending a lot of time behind the controls will bring you ever closer to being the detectorist you’ve been dreaming of becoming.
Congratulations on what seems to be a great choice of machine,and I can say the 2 Minelabs I personally own are other shining examples of that companies commitment to making top level performers.
Let us know where you may need guidance,there is plenty of help here to steer you in the direction you want to go.

I used to live in Clinton.Ark. Mountain Home?I'm thinking I went there to a Country music festival?Hey get out there and hunt.A little digging goes a long way in the exercise dept.Good luck and good hunting.

Back
Top Bottom