Tot Lot Pre-Dawn Raid..

Seaking406

Elite Member
Insomnia hits hard at times so why not grab a cup of yer fave coffee, drive out to the shore line, face east and watch a glorious sunrise just before hitting that tot lot you've eying for a while.. No wind, cool morning.. no one around to look over your shoulder wondering what yer doing in a tot lot with that 'thing' making the beep noises..

Only spent an hour at it this morning, I have to train the body to actually function that early in the day.. Found a bunch of coins.. all pennies.. I think I might have set my ACE250 to discriminate too aggressively as all I've been finding later are nothing but pennies and pull tabs.. Canadian coins seem to fall into the same range as junk.. go figure..

Thought I was having problems though.. Super Sniper coil said target found.. the Carrot said target is close to surface before digging.. but once a shallow plug was opened up.. nothing.. really?! again?! Nope, the coin actually pulled out of the hole being stuck to the shovel a bit. It was laying there on the surface next to the hole.. Not once but several times.. The rest of the time, I was literally digging a hole and having the coin show it's pretty face for me..

Gotta find me that tot lot with the mom's gold rings falling off their fingers..

Can hardly wait for the Nox 600 to arrive.. Too much caffeine this morning.. can you tell?!

He already has. I bet it was a beautiful sunrise! That was his first treasure, if you don't count the coffee. :laughing:

I have the opposite problem, I'm sleepy way to much. :lol: Wish I was more of a morning person so I could get up early and hit some parks and tot lots before people are out and about. I hate people mulling around and eyeballing me.

As a life-long early riser, I really enjoy being set-up and detecting by sunrise. That early I can beat the heat, see some wildlife, and nobody else is around to bother me.

I'm with you DN.. I am up at 3:30 - 4:00 am EVERY day.. Sleeping is for when you are dead..

After doing 30 trs in the military and so many years of shift work or deployment, my sleep cycle is shot to heck.. Whereas the wife is always a 2230 to 0730 sleeper, I'm on a 5 hour sleep cycle and awake for as however long I'm not tired, so it happens often that my 3 to 5 hour sleep is in the middle of the day, middle of the night or any time in between, I get to enjoy my early morning sun rises (0550) from the back deck having coffee a lot more often than she does..

But now, it's all about getting the watch the sun rise near my target location.. I can hardly wait to get on the beaches that early after the Nox 600 arrives =)

As a teenager and a young adult, I became an early riser due to school, work, and wanting to do things and get things done. I'm currently in my 22nd year in the Air Force so being an early riser has been beneficial in all aspects of my life.

As a teenager and a young adult, I became an early riser due to school, work, and wanting to do things and get things done. I'm currently in my 22nd year in the Air Force so being an early riser has been beneficial in all aspects of my life.

gees, my 30 yrs were in the Air Force as well and never had much of a 'straight day' job, even at the senior supervisor ranks.. But now it's all taking it at a snail's pace, looking down and around, enjoying life for what it is.. ;)

The Ace 250 is a good machine and yes you get some "bouncy" signals but when I'm in a Tot Lot I dig all I can especially when no one is around..

The Ace 250 is a good machine and yes you get some "bouncy" signals but when I'm in a Tot Lot I dig all I can especially when no one is around..

The Ace250 is a simplistic machine that finds a lot of targets.. gold and silver rings thus far and enough coins for new batteries and coffee runs.. Just starting with the nox 600 today, phew.. it's different to say the least.. ;)

I love seeing the sun come sneaking up out of the Atlantic as i am detecting the beach. Some mornings all i can do is stand there in awe of the beauty;

I love seeing the sun come sneaking up out of the Atlantic as i am detecting the beach. Some mornings all i can do is stand there in awe of the beauty;

It's breathtaking at times, fighting off the seagulls as you sit there having a brekky, waiting for the sun to come up to caress the waves and send it's heat on your face.. fighting off the seagulls who want your nice brekky that you picked up at the coffee shop with your coffee.. ahh yes.. i came home starving (lost the battle with the seagulls) and wet (was foggy as hell this morning) and dehydrated (spilled coffee chasing gulls who stole my brekky)

Came home empty handed.. was so eager to get out the door that I packed my belt gear, extra jacket and it wasn't till I got to the beach that I realized that my Nox 600 was sitting inside the door way..

If you think seagulls nattering cries are annoying, wait till you come home and hear the wife's soft dulcet voice laughing at you knowing how funny it was forgetting the ONE item most needed for that outing..

I now keep a check list at the door.. item one.. don't forget MD..

Anyway.. fun time all the same..

Insomnia hits hard at times so why not grab a cup of yer fave coffee, drive out to the shore line, face east and watch a glorious sunrise just before hitting that tot lot you've eying for a while.. No wind, cool morning.. no one around to look over your shoulder wondering what yer doing in a tot lot with that 'thing' making the beep noises..

Only spent an hour at it this morning, I have to train the body to actually function that early in the day.. Found a bunch of coins.. all pennies.. I think I might have set my ACE250 to discriminate too aggressively as all I've been finding later are nothing but pennies and pull tabs.. Canadian coins seem to fall into the same range as junk.. go figure..

Thought I was having problems though.. Super Sniper coil said target found.. the Carrot said target is close to surface before digging.. but once a shallow plug was opened up.. nothing.. really?! again?! Nope, the coin actually pulled out of the hole being stuck to the shovel a bit. It was laying there on the surface next to the hole.. Not once but several times.. The rest of the time, I was literally digging a hole and having the coin show it's pretty face for me..

Gotta find me that tot lot with the mom's gold rings falling off their fingers..

Can hardly wait for the Nox 600 to arrive.. Too much caffeine this morning.. can you tell?!

If you're finding pennies you should also find dimes and quarters but they have to be there in order for that to happen. Maybe that tot lot only had pennies which is a possibility.

Sea King don't feel too badly about forgetting something. I arrived one morning at the beach just as it was beginning to get day light enough to see. I turned on my Excal and nothing. Panic began to set in as i was sure that she was broken. I finally realized that there was no battery attached. So back to the car and lo and behold there was no battery in the trunk.

So i drove the 32 miles back to my home to retrieve the batteries that i had charged the evening before;

Then back to the beach nearly two hours after i should have been digging dollars worth of clad.

I make me a breakfast sandwich the evening before i am going to go detecting so that i can have breakfast in the vehicle on the way to the beach That way i don't get attacked by the sea gulls.

If you're finding pennies you should also find dimes and quarters but they have to be there in order for that to happen. Maybe that tot lot only had pennies which is a possibility.

The loonies and toonies I've fished out of there a while back.. I'm still finding the errant dime or two each time I go there.. ;) I'm surprised that I am still finding coins in that small park seeing how often I'm been in there ;)

Maybe my neighbours are keeping me fed..

Sea King don't feel too badly about forgetting something. I arrived one morning at the beach just as it was beginning to get day light enough to see. I turned on my Excal and nothing. Panic began to set in as i was sure that she was broken. I finally realized that there was no battery attached. So back to the car and lo and behold there was no battery in the trunk.

So i drove the 32 miles back to my home to retrieve the batteries that i had charged the evening before;

Then back to the beach nearly two hours after i should have been digging dollars worth of clad.

I make me a breakfast sandwich the evening before i am going to go detecting so that i can have breakfast in the vehicle on the way to the beach That way i don't get attacked by the sea gulls.

thanks! I don't feel so bad knowing there are many like minded souls out there to share the pain ;)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom