koss ur 30 bit the dust

Dflan83

Elite Member
well after 1 and a half years of abuse my koss ur 30 headphones for the ctx 3030 bit the dust. Anyone have any good recommendations for another set of land headphones, since I have the GG amphibians for the ctx I dont really care to have a waterproof set, I also have a garrett z lynk set but prefer the wire (yea i know odd)

Leaning toward the original GG right now

yep, I don't think those Koss phones are made for rough usage like metal detecting. Is there a short where the cable joins the plug? That what happened to mine. If you're good with a soldering iron you can but a new plug at Radio Shack (if there are any left) and fix it.

yep, I don't think those Koss phones are made for rough usage like metal detecting. Is there a short where the cable joins the plug? That what happened to mine. If you're good with a soldering iron you can but a new plug at Radio Shack (if there are any left) and fix it.
Yep that's exactly what happened

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yep that's exactly what happened

This should be a very simple repair. You might want to get a plug that has a coil spring where the cable goes into the plug, to reduce the chance that the wires would get broken by being bent sharply right where they enter the plug (which is likely what caused your problem in the first place).

I've grown to prefer the Killer B's. The Koss-30's are also popular, but have slightly different sound nuances. If you're happy with Koss-30s : I have a pair here, practically brand new. Make me any reasonable offer, and I'll ship them . PM me.

Appreciate it to but I think like you I'll go with something a little bit more heavy duty. Killer b do look nice

Appreciate it to but I think like you I'll go with something a little bit more heavy duty. Killer b do look nice

Ok. Killer B's and Grey Ghosts have crisper sound. Koss 30 USED to be good, 15 or so + yrs. ago. But at some point must have introduced cheaper components (while retaining the name "Koss 30"). Because at a certain point, I replaced my old Koss 30 with a new Koss 30, and the audio quality had changed.

It's not noticeable with certain machines that are monotone beep (2-filter Tesoros, etc...). But if you have a machine with subtle TID and "growl" type audio (like the 3030), then you'll appreciate the better headphones like Killer B's and Grey Ghost.

If you like your GG amphibians then buy an adapter like this;

Attachments

• ctx adapter.jpg
    ctx adapter.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 72
If you like your GG amphibians then buy an adapter like this;
I like them but the only thing I don't like is I have to turn the volume all the way up because I have the older model amphibians. I figured why not just get a nice pair of land headphones

I have some Mal's surffones and like them really well. They are plenty loud and sound really good. Plus I have the adapter that lets me use them with the wm10.

I had the same issue when I first got my ML 705, the KOSS headphones were comfortable, but the connection point into the machine is at the wrong angle and eventually wears down - a buddy of mine sold me his Grey Ghosts and I have never looked back, they are comfortable and bombproof, totally worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom