The curse of Oak Island

CTCurt

Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Has anyone seen this show? Watched it last night. Very interesting indeed. New episode on Sunday night @ 10:00 on the History channel.....:grin:

I watched it this past sunday, cool show and of course I'm hooked now :lol:

I thought it was just another junk show, a bunch of hype, with no new facts about the subject at hand. How they're gonna stretch this out for five episodes and actually come up with some new, useful info baffles me.

As I am one without TV , I really miss seeing these shows like this unless I go to a friends house to watch it , and their usually not interested in this stuff so I miss it anyway . I just cant bring myself to pay for TV that really doesn't have much that I'm interested in . I consider this a waste of money , and would interfere with the other places I waste my money ,,:lol:

Watched it form the website this morning. I was impressed that it seemed o be a cut above some of the other new shows reality based shows lately. I liked learning a bit more about something that I had heard of, but didn't really know much about. Curious about where they end up!

I keep falling asleep too early as well. Oak Island has always interested me a little bit, but I doubt there is anything there. I'll catch it in reruns.

I missed Sundays episode. (fell asleep on the couch after working all day) Did anyone catch it?

Not much to it. They dug some fibers and had them checked to confirm they were coconut fibers. Which they were. I think with only 3 episodes left they are gonna fail. Be easier to send in a mining operation and make a big crater. Then there would be no secrets.

As I am one without TV , I really miss seeing these shows like this unless I go to a friends house to watch it , and their usually not interested in this stuff so I miss it anyway . I just cant bring myself to pay for TV that really doesn't have much that I'm interested in . I consider this a waste of money , and would interfere with the other places I waste my money ,,:lol:

You have the internet... You can watch every show on the planet.

There are a ton of sites like this one, but this is one of my regular sites that I use.

http://www.tubeplus.me/browse/tv-shows/Last/ALL/

Also a lot of shows are played on the websites of the network that they are on.

You have the internet... You can watch every show on the planet.

There are a ton of sites like this one, but this is one of my regular sites that I use.

http://www.tubeplus.me/browse/tv-shows/Last/ALL/

Also a lot of shows are played on the websites of the network that they are on.

This is true !!! My only problem is I really dont know much about computers and the sites that I've looked at always want me to download some form of something that I dont know anything about or what it is , and all my daughter keeps telling me is not to download this stuff because I will get a some kind of virus and crash my computer . But I can never get her to help me figure out what I'm supposed to do , and what I'm not supposed to do . And I cant go without a computer because I use it for work doing my bid's on excel spreadsheets . I'm just not really into this computer stuff , I get bored with it to quick to try and learn it . But you are right , I guess TV really isn't that important to me . But I will look into that link you posted , thanks.

This is true !!! My only problem is I really dont know much about computers and the sites that I've looked at always want me to download some form of something that I dont know anything about or what it is , and all my daughter keeps telling me is not to download this stuff because I will get a some kind of virus and crash my computer . But I can never get her to help me figure out what I'm supposed to do , and what I'm not supposed to do . And I cant go without a computer because I use it for work doing my bid's on excel spreadsheets . I'm just not really into this computer stuff , I get bored with it to quick to try and learn it . But you are right , I guess TV really isn't that important to me . But I will look into that link you posted , thanks.

You got to be careful. My cable went down and I was searching for a show. Computer got a virus and wound up costing $198 to get it fixed because I don't know much about computers either. Someone told me to just go back a week to cure it. I said " !!!? ":lol:

Saw similar post in another thread. I've heard of the show because they're from this town (Iron Mountain/Kingsford) and the local mayberry gazette is all over it.
Rick still lives down the road from me. I should go talk to him. Offer my digging services! I guess he and his brother own 80% of the island now...
crazy....

Read the posts under the other thread heading ...... Bottom line it's a huge pile of BS!!

Started watching it on demand. I'm really into it. Too bad new episodes are on at 10 on Sunday. Past my bed time lol. Thank goodness for on demand. I watched all 3 episodes that were on there. Now to wait for the next one.

Tonight's Episode CTX3030

So tonight they drain the swamp, a little bit, and get in there with an expert? with a CTX3030. Before that some guy from Norway figures out a theory that the cross stones are part of a bigger symbol and a key point is in the swamp. The Norwegian takes steel rods and starts hitting stone under the mud about 2-3 feet below the water.

The use of a metal detector in the swamp seems kind of hokey to me, but then again, you could say the same about Diggers... Watch and post what you think!

<Spoiler Alert>

The guy with the CTX is scans the same area with his coil right on the surface of the mud and water and gets a signal that he "definitely thinks is gold." High fives are exchanged.

LOL I don't care what kind of detector you have, there is never a signal that you definitely think is gold. Something big enough to come in 2 feet away from the coil may or may not come in like gold. They are slapping high fives like there is something there.

Fine the signal could be falsing from iron there and that is significant, but you don't act like you found something before you even see it!

Then the guy wades the mud, scans as deep as he can, and gets multiple signals, and they slap high fives again, and of course it ends in a cliff hanger...

Back
Top Bottom