Say hello to my new friend!

InShepherdsArms

Elite Member
Boooooooooom!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 423
I've noticed some of you guys have different color handles. Yellow, Blue and red.....What are you guys using to wrap your ash handles with? Miracle wrap silicone tape?

Nice lookin scoops them Trex are..Congratz GL luck with it.I spoke with Max awhile back he uses shrink tubing from electrical suppliers...

I've noticed some of you guys have different color handles. Yellow, Blue and red.....What are you guys using to wrap your ash handles with? Miracle wrap silicone tape?

I went to Home Depot and bought the cheapest shovel with a fiberglass handle I could find. It's green and I think ~$12 and lighter than ash. You will have to build up the base... wrap with Gorilla tape a couple times. I've had my fiberglass handle about 18 months. I took the handle out, inspected it for wear, and re-wrapped with Gorilla tape last summer. The fiberglass is holding up well and doesn't swell like wood.

R5

I went to Home Depot and bought the cheapest shovel with a fiberglass handle I could find. It's green and I think ~$12 and lighter than ash. You will have to build up the base... wrap with Gorilla tape a couple times. I've had my fiberglass handle about 18 months. I took the handle out, inspected it for wear, and re-wrapped with Gorilla tape last summer. The fiberglass is holding up well and doesn't swell like wood.

R5

Cool I'll def look into the fiberglass handles.

Looks Good ISA!! Should be littered with gold in the next few months..!!

Modded mine from a 9.5 to an 8". Next mod I'm taking off the two sharp rear corners. In surf sometimes your scoop can bump your ankles. Those two corners nailed me more than once. Some guys carry the scoop above water. I have to leave mine on the bottom to push with it to walk in our current sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom