Help!

DFX Bob

Forum Supporter
I hope someone can answer this. My DFX is two years old, yesterday after programing and balancing it kept registering to the right a high signal in the 95% range. I changed batteries and after a while it corrected itself. When I got home I checked it again and this time there was a faint signal on the right. I clear it ever time when I finish for the day. It this something major to be concerned about or it there as easy fix?
Great forum and respect your advise.

thats strange Bob never heard of something like that before .:?::?:
was the machine running pretty stable up to that point or was it a little eratic prior to this ??

I'd suggest several things to try.

1) Disconnect, and then reconnect your coil cable.

2) If you use a coil cover, take it off and clean it out.

3) Try a different coil, the coil you're using may have a problem.

If none of these help, you may have a problem with the unit.

Turn the detector on. While the detector is on open the battery cover and pull the battery. This will perform a reset on the DFX. See if that helps.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Still not right

I took everything apart and cleaned it I changed coils and took the battery out when it was on and it still shows a bar rising at the +95.
Any other suggestions:?:

If you have changed coils and the problem still persist, then it's time to give White's a call. You don't have anything made of metal on the lower rod anywhere do you? A fastener or a bolt holding the coil on? Just checking.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Cybersage

You are right I emailed White last night and will call them this morning about shipping. I checked everything and I have learned don't touch the inside unless
I want an expensive door stop.
Thanks for your advise.
Bob

Thank you all

I just got back from the locate White Dealer. He knew what was wrong within 3 minutes. When I change coils I did not take out the battery again for some unknown reason the phantom signal persisted.
He put on a 9 1/2 coil and everything worked fine. I put on my 6" coil and it worked fine so the problem was with the larger coil.
Kudos to Cybersage and Hobbes_lives you called it right.
Del, I have to admit it was part operators error everything is back to normal.
I was worried I would be out of commission for a few week instead I have to hunt to replace the large coil.

Thank you all for your help and advise. I am glad I found this forum.:yes::yes:

Back
Top Bottom