Today was epic

Digger70Pa! Awe invoking and Outstanding finds! Even today, The Heavy Cal Civil War lead gives me the shivers to see these kinds of projectiles a guy once shot at another American!....Unimaginable physical damage inflicted..When a guy thinks about it, each one represents a Life for the taking...Just Damn! What kind of value can a guy put on it?

Thinking about a a guy sitting around the campfire, molding the rounds, getting ready for the mornings push?......Holy lord...those old lead heavy cal bullets gives me the shivers! They always will and always have...

Digger70Pa! Awe invoking and Outstanding finds! Even today, The Heavy Cal Civil War lead gives me the shivers to see these kinds of projectiles a guy once shot at another American!....Unimaginable physical damage inflicted..When a guy thinks about it, each one represents a Life for the taking...Just Damn! What kind of value can a guy put on it?

Thinking about a a guy sitting around the campfire, molding the rounds, getting ready for the mornings push?......Holy lord...those old lead heavy cal bullets gives me the shivers! They always will and always have...
The bullets aren't worth much but I love the history. These were discarded by order. They were to charge the Confederate line with the bayonet. The morning came & the rebs were gone. They got back across the Potomac river. That closed the Gettysburg campaign this side of the river. Most of these are .58" they used .69" bullets also. I shake my head over those big chunks of lead. Thanks for responding buddy. HH Tim

Back
Top Bottom