Frankensteining my ATP

Chipk

Elite Member
I own 9 machines including 3 ATPs. Occasionally I am asked why I have 3 of the same machine and I explain I like to keep one in each of my vehicles along with a Lesche, pinpointer, kneepads gloves and pouch so I am always prepared to stop and hunt.

But there is another reason and today it paid off.

I noticed the control box on one machine is coming loose because the bracket has broken. On another, the mouse ears on the coil had broken and the coil was barely attached. This is what happens when you hunt for 3-5 hours everyday and these are your favorite machines. Luckily I am able to “Frankenstein” the two machines into a good one by taking the coil from the one with the broken bracket and replacing the bum coil on the one with the good bracket.

But nowI need to replace the bracket. I’ve seen a replacement one offered somewhere but can’t recall where. Does anybody know?

Metal detecting stuff in Texas has the 6 screw mount. It fits all the ATs. I put one on my AT Max. Metaldetectingstuff.com

My buddy invented those mounts. They work really well. He's the vp of our metal detecting club. I hunt with him more than anyone else. Very cool guy.

This works, used the same screws.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 198
I own 9 machines including 3 ATPs. Occasionally I am asked why I have 3 of the same machine and I explain I like to keep one in each of my vehicles along with a Lesche, pinpointer, kneepads gloves and pouch so I am always prepared to stop and hunt.

But there is another reason and today it paid off.

I noticed the control box on one machine is coming loose because the bracket has broken. On another, the mouse ears on the coil had broken and the coil was barely attached. This is what happens when you hunt for 3-5 hours everyday and these are your favorite machines. Luckily I am able to “Frankenstein” the two machines into a good one by taking the coil from the one with the broken bracket and replacing the bum coil on the one with the good bracket.

But nowI need to replace the bracket. I’ve seen a replacement one offered somewhere but can’t recall where. Does anybody know?

More importantly, I think its time to straight shaft the ATP.

Metal detecting stuff in Texas has the 6 screw mount. It fits all the ATs. I put one on my AT Max. Metaldetectingstuff.com

Do the MAX and the ATP share the same orig. mount design? Just wondering if I should do this to my MAX? I'm fairly physical with it (nothing crazy but I'm a very active hunter). Thx!

What is pictured below had to be done to mine. The fix is way better than the ordinal. The two small screws used by the factory are too small and spaced too close together. It doesn't take much to break one. I don't have to worry about it now.:grin:

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom