Which used detector for around $400??

clllclal

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I know y'all get a lot of requests from people like me wondering which detector to purchase. Anyway, I live around Spanish Fort, AL and hunt mostly CW relics. I used to own a Fisher 1270 and I used it for a lot of years. I had a 1266 before that, so Fishers are all I've ever known. I know I can get more bang for my buck buying used, but want to be sure I'm buying the right thing. I used to get a lot of chatter sometimes with the Fishers and I'm assuming this was from the ground being highly mineralized? Anyway, I'm no expert on detecting, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are already a bit of a Fisher guy...hard to beat the Teknetics T2 Classic for $499....which can usually be had for much less from vendors. I recommend you give DetectingMO a PM....he is a member/sponsor here and can hook you up.

If you're already used to Fishers, then look up some posts by a member here named Digger27. Use the search feature in the top right. Great info from him about Fishers, he'll chime in here soon I'm sure.

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I know y'all get a lot of requests from people like me wondering which detector to purchase. Anyway, I live around Spanish Fort, AL and hunt mostly CW relics. I used to own a Fisher 1270 and I used it for a lot of years. I had a 1266 before that, so Fishers are all I've ever known. I know I can get more bang for my buck buying used, but want to be sure I'm buying the right thing. I used to get a lot of chatter sometimes with the Fishers and I'm assuming this was from the ground being highly mineralized? Anyway, I'm no expert on detecting, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since you say detecting in Fla,,,I doubt the chatter is due to mineralization,,more likely EMI.

I could be wrong.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I looked at the specs on the T2 and it seems like a good machine. It seems though you have to find one of the newer ones to be sure it has been upgraded with the new software.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I looked at the specs on the T2 and it seems like a good machine. It seems though you have to find one of the newer ones to be sure it has been upgraded with the new software.

The t2 classic should do you just fine. The new teknetics and fisher units have a sensitivity circuit that is way more sensitive than other units. You do not have to run the sensitivity at a high setting to get great performance. They are real light too. You will enjoy the t2 classic or if you take the time you can get an f75 used for a good deal too. Good luck

The T2 classic is a fine detector and there might be discounts on that $500 price if you ask around, the anniversary edition F75 has many great features and can be bought for $500 new from the right dealers.
I use an F70 without DST and many of those upgraded tones and features, kind of a rat rod with more than enough settings and abilities for me and it seems I do extremely well without them.
That unit can easily be found near your price point or even under and gently used if you check around.

All three of these are based on the same basic platform and can do amazing things for those that learn them well.

Thanks for the great info everyone. Compared to the Fisher 1270, how does the T2, F70 and F75 perform. Also, can anyone point me to any dealers with a used inventory or maybe a dealer with great discounts? Thanks again.

Thanks for the great info everyone. Compared to the Fisher 1270, how does the T2, F70 and F75 perform. Also, can anyone point me to any dealers with a used inventory or maybe a dealer with great discounts? Thanks again.

The reason that I'm asking about the performance of the 3 compared to the 1270 is because I just want to be sure that they will be deeper machines than the 1270. Also, I do like, and was quite used to the tone of the 1266 and 1270. Also like the fact of the external speaker. I've never been a fan of wearing headphones. Do any of these models have external speakers?

Directly underneath the advertisement in the upper right corner of this page it says "list all sponsors" click that and you'll have the full list of sponsors on this site. Send a few of them a PM and I'm sure you can have any questions answered as well as you could strike a great deal in the process.

The reason that I'm asking about the performance of the 3 compared to the 1270 is because I just want to be sure that they will be deeper machines than the 1270. Also, I do like, and was quite used to the tone of the 1266 and 1270. Also like the fact of the external speaker. I've never been a fan of wearing headphones. Do any of these models have external speakers?

All do, but it happens to be at the end of your battery box near your elbow.

One more question. Between a T2 and Fisher F70, which one is easier to use? Or, are they basically the same? Thanks

F 75

Check out the F75, a good band for the bucks
need any help give me a call
dennis

http://www.metaldetectors.com/brand/fisher

You should be able to find a used xterra 705 it will probably run the most stable

We have a Demo unit XTERRA 705 or an xterra 505 for sale....taken out of the box and hung on the wall... If interested, PM Me, will make you a deal on either

My buddy uses an xterra 305 and does awesome with it!

My head is really spinning now! I've never looked at or even considered an Xterra. Would an Xterra out perform a T2 or Fisher F70/75 for CW relic hunting in good ol' Alabama soil?

My head is really spinning now! I've never looked at or even considered an Xterra. Would an Xterra out perform a T2 or Fisher F70/75 for CW relic hunting in good ol' Alabama soil?

The 705 can run three different frequencies and you can change them just by changing the coil. You would probably want the 3khz coil for relic hunting as it will go down deep you can also use the large NEL coils that will go real deep.

Back
Top Bottom