tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Picked up a Ravin crossbow.

Very nice setup.
Built in crank too.

Mine shoots good.
Bagged a deer first time out using it.

All I can say, the Ravin shoot reaaaaal good.

This R9 model, very capable 70 yard shooter.

The farthest I have shot so far.

Lots of new engineering on the Ravins.

No track for bolt, different cam system.

I think it is more forgiving to shoot vs older designs.

Reports of 3" 100 yard groups being had.

After today I can beleive it.

Check them out.

Hot sellers.
Seems most everyone is currently sold out.

Ravin can't make them fast enough.

Want to hear some thing interesting.

I think at a distance of 70 yards, a person using a muzzleloader would be hard best to shooter a tighter group than I can with this R9.

When I shoot farther I may have to extend the range above.

Fascinating bows, no doubt.

I don't have a Ravin, but I have several crossbows that I've shot and hunted with for years. They all shoot well, but beyond a point it's more a matter of who's shooting them and the arrow build. Buy junk arrows off the shelf and your groups at distance will show it.
I build my own, and I have for a long time. I've even done extensive testing with quite a variety of fletches and changing FOC from nearly balanced to extreme. It's a fun hobby that has had the additional benefit of also putting a lot of meat in the freezer.

I don't have a Ravin, but I have several crossbows that I've shot and hunted with for years. They all shoot well, but beyond a point it's more a matter of who's shooting them and the arrow build. Buy junk arrows off the shelf and your groups at distance will show it.
I build my own, and I have for a long time. I've even done extensive testing with quite a variety of fletches and changing FOC from nearly balanced to extreme. It's a fun hobby that has had the additional benefit of also putting a lot of meat in the freezer.

I thought some of my other crossbows shot well.
Until I fired this Ravin.

Different ballgame altogether.

Those unfamiliar with Ravin check out their site.

There are crank systems and there are crank systems.
Not all created equal it seems.

Back
Top Bottom