How To Become A Proficient Coin Shooter, No Matter Which Equipment You Use

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

First of all, find a target with whatever metal detector you use. Swing the coil over it from at least 2 different directions to validate a decent target.

Carefully, and I mean real carefully, find out exactly where that coin is in the hole. Using an electronic pin-pointer saves time and prevents you from scratching that coin. Experienced coin shooters always take their time retrieving the target. Set the coin on the ground, and don't grab it with your bare fingers. Fresh silver from the ground can be permanently stained from the salt in your sweat. Just leave it.......

Next, get your firearm, aim, and squeeze the trigger. It doesn't matter how close your firearm is to the target, make sure your sights are aligned perfectly, then, ever so slowly pull the trigger. "POP!"

The more centered the bullet passes through the coin, the better coin shooter you are. I managed a bulls-eye on this one. It took years pf practice to get this good! :)

First of all, find a target with whatever metal detector you use. Swing the coil over it from at least 2 different directions to validate a decent target.

Carefully, and I mean real carefully, find out exactly where that coin is in the hole. Using an electronic pin-pointer saves time and prevents you from scratching that coin. Experienced coin shooters always take their time retrieving the target. Set the coin on the ground, and don't grab it with your bare fingers. Fresh silver from the ground can be permanently stained from the salt in your sweat. Just leave it.......

Next, get your firearm, aim, and squeeze the trigger. It doesn't matter how close your firearm is to the target, make sure your sights are aligned perfectly, then, ever so slowly pull the trigger. "POP!"

The more centered the bullet passes through the coin, the better coin shooter you are. I managed a bulls-eye on this one. It took years pf practice to get this good! :)

Hell of a shot.
Now, what happens when a rock is down there when you carefully squeeze your trigger?

May not be a bullseye then, could be your own eye.

Just for your information, and I just noticed your name...."BBsGAL" Coincidence or what- that hand gun in the pic is a cheap plastic BB air gun bought from Cabella's many years ago. We spent some times shooting at bulrushes, then figured out a joke on coin shooting.

John-E

Ralphie.jpg

Back
Top Bottom