So Angry!

Please don't be that crabby neighbor that everyone tells their kids to avoid. These kids came and mowed your lawn for FREE. Do you realize how hard it is to get kids to do anything productive these days?

That's so true. The kid up the street came by the other day and asked if we would buy a ticket to a car wash his football team was having this Sunday. I told him Sunday wasn't good for us but asked how much a ticket was. he said $5. I told him since I could go get my car washed on Sunday for $5 I'd give him $10 if he'd come to my house and wash it. Right away he agreed. When his dad reminded him that he would have to give the money to the team he said he understood. But I haven't seen him since.

You know, Pennyfinder , no disrespect intended, but , thinking back on some of my earlier years of driving, if I'd have been mowing your yard and seen a holly bush twig sprouting up, I'd have mowed'er down also. Reason being , in the late 70s, I wrecked my '72 Galaxie 500 , with a 429 Police Interceptor motor on a holly bush . That bush bent the frame of that car. Although , it was my fault, and I was going a lot faster than I needed to, to this day , I just don't like them prickley bushes .

I notice you have a couple Bible verses in your signature, please let me share this one with you.

Matthew 22:37-40 “Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
choppadude if there would have been a thumbs up icon at the bottom of your comment I would have tried to thump it 4 times! I noticed the Bible passages also, well said!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Hired a company to mow my grass and weed eat around trees. At the end of my porch I had rose bushes I had been growing for about 4 years. Along the drive way I had a 1 ft tall white picket fence lining the driveway with new bloomed out rose bushes along it.

I walked them over there and showed them both spots that I didnt want mowed, you know the spots with the Red, bloomed out roses?

I came back out 20 mins later to give them some water... you guessed it all of my rose bushes had been weed eaten and there was red rose petals scattered all over my yard.

I had to just trun around and go back inside before I caught a case.... I can sympathize with you, but the good thing about plants is that they grow back, eventually. lol

bloglawn.gif

I notice you have a couple Bible verses in your signature, please let me share this one with you.

Matthew 22:37-40 “Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Yeah that

Yeah that

I also thought of this from Ephesians chapter 4 -

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another...."

None of us are perfect we all have our faults (including me) that we need to work on, so remembering there are times our faults need forgiven makes it easier to forgive others as we all need forgiveness.

"Let Him who is without Sticks, cast the first Stone"....

Anger is a funny thing, a quick and uncontrollable emotion...like flipping over tables outside a church or something?...or how my dog hates squirrels and gets really angry with them when they get into the birdfeeder?...Or how certain guys exhibit anger by wrapping a golf club around a tree......None of these have any profit or make much sense...

I am thinking...Its hard to imagine Mr. Rogers getting angry about ANYTHING in an uncontrollable manner....I use Him as my guideline....

Anger is a huge motivator for action for the positive benefit of a society, but uncontrolled/unfocused anger is a detriment...causes all sorts of Road rage incidents, and fast food outlet youtube displayed counter battles when an order goes unfulfilled correctly...

I've heard said, "I dont get Angry, I get Even!"...That is troubling! Heres a person that likes to get Angry, puts their response on simmer, adds some garlic cloves, spices, secret Familial marinara sauces, and when its ready, serves up a hot dish of steaming retribution without Mercy or napkins!!

Oh yeah...I dont mind hanging around with a guy who in a fit of rage throws a chainsaw that wont start up against a tree...easy and predictable, inanimate object and over!....Its those damn guys that put Anger on simmer, stewing up a pot of resentment and retribution, sprinkling the 'Get Even' on it like Lawreys salt on a cheap ground steak...

You gotta watch out for those people that hold anger in and bide their time, to be directed at another Person ...some of these master revenge cooks like to let anger stew for years and it bubbles along like a simmering septic tank of Dinty Moore outhouse evil the back burner!

Mr Rogers addressed all of these kinds of matters and is a good guy to pattern for a stress and anger free life...I dont know if Mr Rogers ever had his special holly bush mowed down by the damned neighbor kids though?...that might have sent him over the top in a murderous rage? He might have lured them into his house and beat them to death with a wooden coathanger, or choked them with his sneaker shoe strings?

Maybe off camera in a fit of rage he stomped the hell out of those handpuppets? King Friday always struck me as a pompous @ss that could use a good stomping right? Everybody has their limits..!

If it makes you feel better Penny, whip up a batch of special exlax chocolate chip cookies to show your appreciation to your neighbor kids who mowed down your holly bush?...or, just let it slide and save up that righteous anger for something of greater importance?...Maybe these kids got a dog? Put out a pan of unattended antifreeze or toss out a Brillo Pad soaked in bacon grease?..That way, you aint hurting a Human, and still get even with them! Just trying to help....:laughing:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom