Ames / Jackson Diggers: Side By Side Comparison

Cortland

Forum Supporter
For the Lesche-challenged, the Ames diggers have proved to be a good second choice. Although they look similar, there are several distinct differences between the blue Ames TT and the black Jackson diggers.

- TT is exactly 12” long, about 1/4” longer than the Jackson
- Jackson handle has a much larger non-slip gripping surface
- Jackson is heavier (18 oz.), the TT (11 oz.)
- Jackson is balanced handle-heavy; the TT is blade-heavy, so each will feel quite different in your hand
- Jackson blade is thicker—measuring at the tip, the Jackson measured 3.85mm; the TT measured about 3.25mm

The Jackson case is black leather, closed at the bottom, with a gray plastic liner and internal retaining clip. The TT will not fit inside the Jackson case, so don't bother trying to buy the case alone if you already have the TT.

The blue True Temper can be found at Lowe’s for as little as $9.99. Amazon’s price for the Jackson seems to change daily, but it can be had for as little as $18.94 if you have the patience to wait.

Attachments

• AmesIMG_0001.jpg
    AmesIMG_0001.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 305
  • AmesIMG_0001 (1).JPG
    AmesIMG_0001 (1).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 297
  • AmesIMG_0001 (2).jpg
    AmesIMG_0001 (2).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 304
  • AmesIMG_0001 (3).jpg
    AmesIMG_0001 (3).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 296
  • JAckson.jpg
    JAckson.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 291
Thanks for the side by side. I just picked up my 4th TT yesterday. Lowes had a neoprene holster right beside them. They work well together. Now each of the family has their own. NO More borrowing...:lol::lol:

Thanks for the side by side. I just picked up my 4th TT yesterday. Lowes had a neoprene holster right beside them. They work well together. Now each of the family has their own. NO More borrowing...:lol::lol:

WOW! The King is gonna have to get by Lowes and get that holster...it was not available when He bought his TT 4 months ago!

Back
Top Bottom