Any Yak hunters out there?

MtPockets

Just curious to see if anyone has hunted with a Yak before..

So, I'm thinking of getting a Really Nice SOT Kayak..

to gain accewss to either Sand bars or small islands where people pull up to and party all day..

who knows these may be Virgin Grounds littered with Goodies..

Yes I have last year hit one

Went with a friend to this beach and the only way to get there was by boat I found a gold ring and a pendent
P4260031-1.jpg

P4260027-1.jpg

and I have one of them blow up but really Have not used it yet.
HH....Chuckinmiami

Novel idea... not much different than dirt hunters who use ATVs to get to those out of the way places.

That's what I'm talking about Chuck... Bringing in the Gold from undetected area's..

I have a buddy who has a blow up one as well.. He say's that they work great...

I'm going for the Big Guy...

Malibu X Factor fish & Dive... this way I can have a couple of dive tanks with me too..

That's what I'm talking about Chuck... Bringing in the Gold from undetected area's..

I have a buddy who has a blow up one as well.. He say's that they work great...

I'm going for the Big Guy...

Malibu X Factor fish & Dive... this way I can have a couple of dive tanks with me too..

Sounds like a plan you guys coming down the 15th right if so see you all then.

I do a lot of kayak fishing and have taken the detector with me. Works great. Let me know what kind of yak you are looking at. Scott

Just saw...that x factor is a big, heavy, slow yak. stable, but you don't need it that stable once you get going with it. Scott

That is a cool idea! I have a Wilderness Systems Ride SOT that I am going to use this summer to hit some areas only accessible by boat. Good luck in picking out your new Yak!

I know the X Factor is a Big Yak.. But I'd be able to store a few dive tanks, use it for fishing, and THing..

http://www.malibukayaks.com/kayak_xFactor.asp

My reason for going with it, is because

I want something Very Stable.. This way if I'm in the open water and one of those frequent Micro Storms blow in.. I wouldn't have to worry..

Also, If some reckless boater cruises past I'm not into tipping in his wake...

I was looking at the Hobie's too.... Peddle power... But with a price tag..

Take a garbage bag along.

Put your detector in it, tie and knot...Even a loose knot will keep water out and detector dry. When I go out, everything that can get wet and ruined is bagged...Saved my stuff several times, cordially NAD

MT pockets

I believe "Electro" a member here, is a yak hunter. He is around the Orlando area. Water to the high mark is considered ok to hunt in Florida, regardless of who owns the property above that line. I believe Florida calls it the hatchery line. Not to sure about other states. I wrote a piece some years back about Island hunting. Many of the fresh water islands in New England for instance were used for camping and parties for 100 or more years. It can't be much different in any of the other states. During prohibition, some of these places were extra popular. I can think of 3 or 4 places near me that a kayak would be a very productive tool.....Gil

Thank's Gil

I'm right outside of Orlando.. St.Cloud, Fl

I hunting partner usually do a bit of traveling to get to our destinations.. Whether we go to Miami 4hrs away or to Daytona..

to the West Coast of Florida and all points in between..

High tide line is pretty much standard everywhere I think..

I've heard from some friends up LI NY that have been approached by homeowners.. saying that it was private property..

But the Catch was... That they didn't walk onto the property...

They used Yaks while fishing for Striper's.. and it's considered Public property as long as you access it from the water..

I am down here in the Keys all the time on my Yak with either a Xcal 1000 or a Fisher Pulse 8. You gotta get a yak and explore exactly what you are talking about, it is so much better than beach hunting. I would tell you some spots but I will let you find them on your own :) BTW I paddle a blue perception Koho 11.5 YAK or a red Malibu X. cya on the water down in Monroe County :)

I am down here in the Keys all the time on my Yak with either a Xcal 1000 or a Fisher Pulse 8. You gotta get a yak and explore exactly what you are talking about, it is so much better than beach hunting. I would tell you some spots but I will let you find them on your own :) BTW I paddle a blue perception Koho 11.5 YAK or a red Malibu X. cya on the water down in Monroe County :)

I'm sure that we'll bump into each other sometime... The other good thing about a yak that Stores Dive tanks....

is that you can use the yak kind like a Hookah.. keep the tanks in the yak and run a long hose...

Now that is a GREAT idea!!! hhhhmmmmm, think I am going to look into setting up a faux hookah system in my Kayak, fun fun fun. Thanks for the info and see ya round

Pics

"Kayecting"

Attachments

• DSC01285.JPG
    DSC01285.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Photo_021707_002.jpg
    Photo_021707_002.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 252
  • l_023758c443a84d85a00e72b6d31e4fe7.jpg
    l_023758c443a84d85a00e72b6d31e4fe7.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 236