Simple but handy tool

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Was in a Harbor Freight store recently browsing around and noticed a 3 pack of step drill bits. Figure they might be handy making headphones and all the other things I do as I never seem to have the exact size bit I need. Wish I would of seen these things years ago, very handy. I used them making the holes in my detector to mount the pots. in when I did the Mr. Bill's mods. on my Whites Classic II. They make a nice clean hole and cut through plastic & metal with ease.

Attachments

• drill.jpg
    drill.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 212
I have owned a Unibit for around 20 years, same one, and they are priceless!

Yep used those at work for a lot of years, and they work awesome for drilling thin sheet steel. Hold up real well.;)

Hoser is absolutely correct . Thin metal is the operative word here . They are a very cool tool . I used the same ones you have pictured there one day , and broke all 3 on the same project . I know I was using it for heavier duty purposes than it was probably rated for , and I was right . But for the right application they are really very handy . I have a habit of testing a tool's durability . But for the price , you can't beat them .

Now if they would only put a GPS locator on them. I'm afraid these would wind up with my regular bits. Every now and then I stumble across 1 or 2 when looking for something else and then put them in a safe place where I can never find them when needed.

I bought a set a while back. I needed them for a project but by the time I bought them I couldn't remember what I was going to use them for. I put them up so I wouldn't lose them . . . where ever that was.

Back
Top Bottom