Pro-pointer problems

Budman1962

I only used my new pro pointer twice. After i found the penny I pushed it back in the hole.It beeped like there was metal. I found nothing. I went over it again with the fisher. There was nothing there. I realized that pushing the pro pointer onto anything made it beep. I can even push on the tip of the pro pointer with my finger and it beeps. This isn't normal is it. Anybody else have this problem?

Yes it can be normal depends on how much pressure is applied but with that being said , I read a post somewhere about some of the PP 's having a hairline crack on the tip that is hard to see I would contact Garrett by phone and and get a RMA # and send it back they will send you a new one if you sent the warranty card in

Last month I bought a second Pro Pointer as a back up. That jinxed my first one. :mad:

The first one started beeping when pressed on like you said and sometimes just by waving it around.

The new one doesn’t beep at all when pressed on, no matter how hard I press on it. It doesn’t beep when shaken either.

The old one is in the mail to Garrett’s right now

I'm starting to wonder if their quality control needs some attention?
What you described is what I would expect from cheap knock off equipment not a known reputable brand , my 2 pesos

Between my 2 pinpointers they have been down 3 trips to them. Each time they get a new "coil"

Hopefully they will improve the coils design to prevent problems re-occuring.

I used mine for the first time in a real MD situation today. It did exactly what you describe and I was going to post this thread. Otherwise it worked fantastically. I could not metal detect without one now.

Back
Top Bottom