May gold and silver

Aquaman

Elite Member
All this was found within the past 10 days along with 3 tumbler loads of clad. It came out of an area that I hit with my PI awhile back. The results of that hunt were a ton of trash, screws, pull tabs, bottle caps etc. I left frustrated:mad:
Looking back now, I was just scooping near the surface in the 4-6" loose sand where stuff w/o weight tends to float around with the tide.

I recently purchased an Excal II and during my vacation (last week) decided to try it out in that same spot. Initially all the targets came back similar to the PI minus the iron stuff. Then I discovered that if I used my fins to fan down into the sandy bottom the targets seemed to transition to the good stuff the deeper I went. I'd dig a little trench and then fan out the area very carefully with my hands. At this spot I don't even bring my scoop now and I've barely touched it. I'm not so sure the Excal is any better than the PI in this spot although it does factor out the iron. The PI is definatrely deeper.

The gold rings and bracelet are all 14K...even the odd earings, broken chains etc. There are a few more silver rings not in the picture that need some serious cleaning. Any one got an easy way to clean silver?
The only thing with a higher karat weight is the necklace which is 22K.

Attachments

• May_rings,_bracelet,_pieces_001.jpg
    May_rings,_bracelet,_pieces_001.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 489
  • May_rings,_bracelet,_pieces_002.jpg
    May_rings,_bracelet,_pieces_002.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 501
  • May_rings,_bracelet,_pieces_003.jpg
    May_rings,_bracelet,_pieces_003.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 498
Dude now that is a beautiful haul of gold, congratulations on that necklace, those sell for big dollars 22k chain is a rare find!

I wanted to post a pic of some of the strange stuff I've fanned out as well. I'm familiar with the earring inserts to give you that funky ear lobe look but can someone tell me where the spikes go or the curly glass snake looking thing? On second thought...maybe I don't want to know:roll:

Attachments

• May_strange_finds.jpg
    May_strange_finds.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 475
Now that is impressive!! How deep is the water you are in?? If you are fanning does that mean you are using a mask and diving more than wading? What ever you are doing you are doing it right. WTG and good luck, Jim

I wanted to post a pic of some of the strange stuff I've fanned out as well. I'm familiar with the earring inserts to give you that funky ear lobe look but can someone tell me where the spikes go or the curly glass snake looking thing? On second thought...maybe I don't want to know:roll:

GOOD CHOICE!! :lol: Very nice AM wtg!! ;)

Jim...mask/snorkel & fins. Bottom is anywhere from 6' to 8' depending on area and tide.

Cfmct...based on your guys most recent post I'll pass:spin:

Aqua, those spikes and the curl glass are also for the ears. Amazing you found so many ear plugs, I didn't think they came out that easy.

Awesome finds with the gold, just aweomse
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom