• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

MXT all pro issues

Semtav

Elite Member
OK I've come to the conclusion that I either have something wrong with my detector or I stumbled on a great program on it, but now I can't replicate it.

everybody says they like to run the detector in all metal mode (two tone). but I just cant stand the noise. everything buzzes as I come into and go away from the target. and the noise is just overwhelming. I've experimented with turning the machine on in C&J mode and then switching to relic mode, and it gives a much clearer target and much louder and distinct signal. plus it had three distinct tones.

When I was hunting at the racetrack today, everything from foil & up was high, and everything below foil was low , and every tone was very clear and it felt like it was detecting much deeper when I found things and swept over them higher.
My only problem, is I cant replicate it. now I'm back to everything buzzing in and out from the target.

I'm going to call Whites in the morning but just wondering how clear the tones are for other users .

The MXT Pro and All Pro have an undocumented feature. When switching modes from C&J to Relic the tones feature carry over to the relic mode. The tones will stay on until one of the display pod buttons is pressed. The knobs for disc and gain can be adjusted without affecting the tones carry over.

The way I set it up is to start in C&J mode get the ground balance set and locked.Set the disc to eliminate nails and then I switch to relic mode and hunt with tones. The Relic mode has a slower SAT (self adjusting threshold) which is quieter than the C&J mode.

The MXT Pro and All Pro have an undocumented feature. When switching modes from C&J to Relic the tones feature carry over to the relic mode. The tones will stay on until one of the display pod buttons is pressed. The knobs for disc and gain can be adjusted without affecting the tones carry over.

The way I set it up is to start in C&J mode get the ground balance set and locked.Set the disc to eliminate nails and then I switch to relic mode and hunt with tones. The Relic mode has a slower SAT (self adjusting threshold) which is quieter than the C&J mode.

Thanks. I've noticed that at times. My issue the other day was going from clean to real trashy area. Nothing wrong with the detector. One thing I've wondered, is the detector as deep when you start out in the C&J and go to Relic as when you start out in Relic?

Back
Top Bottom