What's the Value? Apparently nothing

screwynewy

Elite Member
I had a box of silver items that have been stored in my attic since my mother passed away 15 years ago. I sorted through and picked out some damaged and duplicate items and sent them in to ARA, about 45 oz. total. I've beeb waiting for a check that should be around $1,500. I called today to see what the status was and was told that it was all silver plated. What a disappointment That was going to be my new E-trac. Oh well, I wonder if the other 270 oz. of it is worth anything or not.

Flatware/silverware is almost always marked if it is silver. Check the back....it should say sterling. If not, its almost always plated.

also

it will sometimse say 925 or 800 or some other type of number system referring to the percentage of silver used in it. Dont be to disapointed just yet though i have a tea set that is not marked at all and it is 100% sterling threw and threw been offered 900 bucks for it by locals shops, still sitting on it though. so it goes to show that a stamp is not always on a sterling silver item :cool:

it was all silver plated? So, what are they going to do? Mail it all back to you?

Sorry to hear about that..as my kid would say "what a bummer" .. at least you have some more to send in, hope you have some good stuff and you can stil get your new little toy..

it was all silver plated? So, what are they going to do? Mail it all back to you?

Yeah, ARA said that they would ship it back to me. I would have been a little suspicious if they said that they melted it down and it there was no silver. They are a really good company to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom