Silver on the Rise

jackdevil

Elite Member
Anyone else notice that silver is about $34/oz now...it was at like $27 in December. I've been hearing that it could make it over a hundred....:?:

For awhile now silver has had resistance at $30.50. So last week when it hit $30.50 again I sold two rolls of silver eagles. :dash2::gaah: Now that it is finally going higher who knows how far it will go. At least I have more to sell as it goes up. The biggest problem for many will be that the price of oil right now on world markets is up over $5.00 per barrel which will translate into higher prices at the pump and in the grocery store since transportation cost is a big part of food prices.

For awhile now silver has had resistance at $30.50. So last week when it hit $30.50 again I sold two rolls of silver eagles. :dash2::gaah: Now that it is finally going higher who knows how far it will go. At least I have more to sell as it goes up. The biggest problem for many will be that the price of oil right now on world markets is up over $5.00 per barrel which will translate into higher prices at the pump and in the grocery store since transportation cost is a big part of food prices.

It's a big part of a lot of stuff!!! Clothing is going up too.

Dusty

I have been checking the ebay bids for silver coins and noticed the 90% silver halves are now selling for slightly more than melt! That tells me speculators are willing to buy over melt because confidence is high that the price will continue to increase.

Assuming we don't have major terrorist attack, I can see $50 by the end of the year.....

Dusty

you nailed it dude! Thats the same info I got. But I was told it's going to reach $50 by summer. Man I need to invest in silver bars or coins. I want the real thing in my hand not some paper stating I own silver in JP Morgan. :lol: I hope no one here purchased any silver from them cause if you did? get your $ out and buy the real thing. There a bunch of crooks!

The fall of 2008 brought our economy to the brink and the thought of future economic turmoil was a certainty. many invisioned inflation, but did not anticipate two bailout packages, QE2, the frail Europe and a middle east in turmoil. Owning silver is a much more volitile than gold and has been steadily hammering out new highs in the recent months.

The gold/silver ratio seems to be steadily droping to the low 40's from highs in 2008 in the 90% mark, so keep an eye on this current breakout and hope gold continues with its assult toward $2000/oz so silver can follow. The 'poor man's gold' seems to be a good bet at this point, an industrial metal that is consumed and the world's supply is steadily dwindling as opposed to gold.

The fall of 2008 brought our economy to the brink and the thought of future economic turmoil was a certainty. many invisioned inflation, but did not anticipate two bailout packages, QE2, the frail Europe and a middle east in turmoil. Owning silver is a much more volitile than gold and has been steadily hammering out new highs in the recent months.

The gold/silver ratio seems to be steadily droping to the low 40's from highs in 2008 in the 90% mark, so keep an eye on this current breakout and hope gold continues with its assult toward $2000/oz so silver can follow. The 'poor man's gold' seems to be a good bet at this point, an industrial metal that is consumed and the world's supply is steadily dwindling as opposed to gold.

Well put. That's what I've been hearing.

I started buying last May, I wish I would have started earlier, but I'm still got a good little stack going. Yeah I don't see Silver sliding anytime soon with our government's finanical situation. But who really knows what will happen.

$39.64 per troy oz. as of now.....awesome! It's too bad everything else is also gone up....ie gas, food sizes keep getting smaller yet the prices stay the same...I'm sure ppl have noticed....oh well.....

Back
Top Bottom