Waiting on the Equinox sniper coil...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I am cheap so $179 for an accessory is usually not in my wheelhouse but recently I gathered up enough to get the sniper coil for my new 800 when they are available.
Here in the land of iron I believe it might be a game changer.

photostudio_1531667273401.jpg

A 50¢ investment in the right slot machine was all it took.

I'm anxious to hear how the sniper coil does. Been debating over whether to buy the CTX3030 or the EQ800. This may swing the pendulum back the other way.

Keep us posted.

Can't wait for Digger to put the sniper through it's paces!

The standard coil is doing well here, still learning this rig and even though I haven't been out all that much with it so far due to this stupid southern heat I have still seen it do a few pretty remarkable things alerting me to some very masked and hidden special targets.
In my mineralized devil dirt that is filled with an insane amount of extra iron I have used and found great things using a Vaquero, an F70, an F2, a 7" coil Compadre and a Mojave all using the standard sized coils.
In every case using the Vaq, F2 and F70 it was the smaller sniper coils that preformed way above and beyond the larger coils in this strange place, in both bad dirt and even great dirt with large amounts of trash and iron, (the kinds of sites I usually spend most of my time), long ago I learned the value of using snipers.
I became a huge fan and still am to this day...so much so that despite my fairly large arsenal of coils I gathered up over the years for my detectors if you took them all away and left me with only the small sniper I would be fine with that.
I am pretty sure I have spent more hours overall with snipers than any standard or larger coils in my career.
A lot more.

Every detector I have ever learned and used have done well but in every case switching to snipers changed the landscape for me and not in a small way.
At the very least they made everything I do in this hobby a whole lot easier.
I expect a small coil on the Nox will do the same.
Can't wait to see if what I suspect will turn out to be true.

Back
Top Bottom