Beach Detectorist YouTuber Ogles Women, Uploads Video of Them

PlasteredDragon

Elite Member
I've watched a number of beach detectorist YouTubers and I really enjoy watching them make finds. And on rare occasions a beautiful woman in a bikini happens to wander through a shot which is always a nice bonus. ;) But the point of the videos is the beach hunting and recovery of targets.

The other day I stumbled across a YouTuber who basically spends about 10 seconds retrieving a target, and then spends long stretches of time just filming women in bikinis out enjoying the beach. These aren't separate clips filmed in different contexts, he's just standing out there in the water with a detector, a scoop, and a go-pro staring at women, zooming in, taking his time.

I understand there's nothing illegal about this, and I like babes in bikinis as much as anyone, but it seems something like this could give detectorists a bad name, and could turn into an excuse to run us off of public beaches (especially if we shoot videos of digs and finds). We get enough hassles as it is from busybodies, bored cops, and paranoid people who think we are going to "destroy the lawn". Something like this adds "creeper" and "perv" to the list.

Before anyone accuses me of it: I'm NOT "freaking out", or calling for any sort of boycott or public castigation/shaming of this YouTuber, it just made me feel the need to reiterate that we are all ambassadors for the hobby, and to me this really isn't cool. IMO, if you want to go to the beach and enjoy the scenery, more power to you, but leave your detector at home. If you want to detect, it's to your benefit (and the benefit of other detectorists) to appear to be disinterested in the beachgoers and just focus on detecting.

What do other people think? :?:

Personally, I think anyone who makes a huge deal out of seeing an attractive "in the wild", needs to spend more time outside of Moms basement, buy a tube of Clearasil, and ask a real live girl to the Prom. ;)

there are creeps in every hobby and walks of life

yeah, this guy is just using metal detecting to be creepy. Probably does not even know how to really hunt beaches. Same type of guy will use a drone to film women in their homes or high rise apartments and give the drone hobbyists a bad name. I have seen some great aerial filming that was done with a drone and none of it included spying on people. In the old days a couple of guys would just corner this creep and explain right and wrong to him in a physical manner. But in today's political correct environment every one is afraid to call someone on their bad behavior.

Personally, I think anyone who makes a huge deal out of seeing an attractive "in the wild", needs to spend more time outside of Moms basement, buy a tube of Clearasil, and ask a real live girl to the Prom. ;)

Yeah, but most of us here, if we were to ask someone to Prom, would be in jail REAL fast :)

I am acquainted with the maker of that video (actually a series of four) and I can tell you that "creepy" and "perv" are words that wouldn't even occur to you if you met him. I'm pretty sure his camera was chest mounted so it's not like his shots would be that obvious. I never noticed any of the women giving him the "stink-eye" in the videos. Plus I have seen a lot of other beach detecting videos and about half of them sneak in a shot or 12 of the"scenery" and this is the first I've heard of any criticism.

I think no one can judge this specific individual unless they have seen his videos. What is his utube name again................? :cool:

I am acquainted with the maker of that video (actually a series of four) and I can tell you that "creepy" and "perv" are words that wouldn't even occur to you if you met him. I'm pretty sure his camera was chest mounted so it's not like his shots would be that obvious. I never noticed any of the women giving him the "stink-eye" in the videos. Plus I have seen a lot of other beach detecting videos and about half of them sneak in a shot or 12 of the"scenery" and this is the first I've heard of any criticism.

Beyond just beachgoers taking note of him, people are going to come across his videos (like I did) and form opinions about detectorists. He may actually be a nice guy, but I get judged all the time by people who don't take the time to get to know me. Generally speaking, anything that potentially exacerbates jumping to conclusions is probably something to avoid.

In any event, I don't want to fight about it. All the best.

hH3T1Yw.jpg

Beyond just beachgoers taking note of him, people are going to come across his videos (like I did) and form opinions about detectorists. He may actually be a nice guy, but I get judged all the time by people who don't take the time to get to know me. Generally speaking, anything that potentially exacerbates jumping to conclusions is probably something to avoid.

In any event, I don't want to fight about it. All the best.

I doubt anyone got in a twist over this. Keep this in mind. YT isn't about anything other than internet fame, period. People have some unknown reason to wish to be an internet superstar. He did it for views, period. He got you making a post about it here didn't he?

Look at the women who go detect scantily clad in swimsuits, you really think it's for any reason other than getting guys to eyeball them....hence views? They could have a little self-respect, but "muh views" are more important than a bit of self-respect, not to mention money.

Yet another reason I stopped supporting (viewing) YT months ago.....and somehow I've managed to survive.

YT isn't about anything other than internet fame, period.

I’m sure a lot of people do it for the reason you mentioned, but not everyone. For me, it’s no different than posting a thread sharing pictures of finds, other than the fact that I get to actually take the viewer on the hunt with me. Plus, it’s something that my Grandkids can go back and watch years after I’m gone. Yeah, it’s nice when folks view and comment on your vids. Same as having them view and comment on FMDF posts. Would be kind of pointless if they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For one,, If the girls did not want to be seen,, Than they would not dress like that..
I sure don't mind looking at them when I am in the water trying to detect.
It takes my mind off things..

KEN :D

Back
Top Bottom