Anyone from Michigan?

rwt1978

I live in oakland county Mi area. I am 29 years old and have been detecting for 7 yrs. I am looking for a hunting partner (not many around here). I hunt alot in southwest michingan. alittle on the great lakes, and U.P. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks,Ryan

Hey Ryan, I live in Holland MI and just started mding again. If your going to be in the area sometime give me a shout and we can hook up and see what we can find. I've been hitting mostly tot lots at the schools lately and the finds have been rather slim, all clad but it's paying for my batteries. Going to be hitting the beaches soon. Good luck and HH

Grew up in...

South Lyon, I will be going to Westland to see my grandmother this summer. She lives near Edward Hines park in Wayne county. Do you know if they allow MDing????

hines park

Not sure I havnt been there. I am getting ready to hunt river bends park, I know you can hunt there. It was part of the underground railroad and there was a safe house there, the foundation is still there and I bet theres some good stuff! Do you know the history on the park your talking about?

Funny you should ask

cause granny told me about a free slave village in the park. They would take boats up the rouge river and then walk the rest of the way. to this swampy land...and homestead...

River Bends Park

Hey, I've been to River Bends a few times now. Pretty good place to go. Not only for the old farm house but there was also a missle site there with barricks. Been wanting to check out the barricks, soon I hope. If you're heading out that way let me know and maybe we can meet up. I only live a mile from there. Bob

New to MD in Michigan -

Hi

I'm new to this - I have a White's M6 - would love to go along with someone who knows more than me - to give me some advice - I live in Warren, MI - anyone close by - who would like to meet up some day?

River Bends Park

Hello All
Went out to River Bends Park over the weekend with my daughter to check out where the barracks use to be. We found them but digging there is another story. Like digging in solid rock! So we left there and went up to a school by the house and found some change and a silver ring with writing all around it in arabic. Turned out to be a pretty good day, first piece of jewerly I found. Can't wait to go out again!!!

RiverBend Park

Hi MichiganBob -

Hey - Let me know the next time you and your daughter head out - I would
love to meet up with you - I'm new to this MD stuff and would love to tag along with someone to learn - if you don't mind - I live near the Tech Ctr in Warren - I have a White's M6 - I've been out to a few tot lots - just finding the usual clad - I have found a handful of wheats - that was exciting - lol

Hi MichiganBob -

Hey - Let me know the next time you and your daughter head out - I would
love to meet up with you - I'm new to this MD stuff and would love to tag along with someone to learn - if you don't mind - I live near the Tech Ctr in Warren - I have a White's M6 - I've been out to a few tot lots - just finding the usual clad - I have found a handful of wheats - that was exciting - lol
Hello lz28hg,

Would love to go MDing with others. My daughter doesn't always go, she has her own schedule and fits me in sometimes-lol. I mostly go on my own. I had sent you a private message the other day, see if you could find and read it.
Bob

Ive been though Manton several times, I live in Eagle Michigan, WNW of Lansing.
I get up to Marion a few times, but not since last deer season due to the high cost of diesel fuel.
I too am pretty new to detecting.

Mike

Just passed Manton on the way to Traverse City for some R&R...

I'm From Livonia - if anyone is interested, Livonia is home to the Michigan Treasure Hunters, one of the larger MD'ing clubs in Mich. Meets every 4th Tuesday. Great group of guys.

We are holding our annual Milan Open Hunt the first Saturday of September. Feel free to email me for details. I am co-chair of the Hunt. Everyone is invited to attend.

You can reach me at [email protected].

Jerry

Open Hunt

Hey Jerster, Can you send me some details of this hunt? Sound like it might me alot of fun.:D Just send me a private message. Thanks for you time, Bob

Howell MI

Would also like to double-up some time with those in area--I live in the Howell/Hartland area. It would be fun to link up with someone local--just send a message sometime!

:D

Hey all! I'm in Oakland county (Clawson to be specific) but a total newbie:( I'm generally a really quick learner however and really enjoy this hobby. I'd love to meet up with a few others in the area if anyone is interested and see what we can come up with. I'm sure there's so much I could learn from you all. Does anyone know of any clubs/groups in this area besides Livonia (that is kinda far from me)? :)

Chesterfield

HI. I just bought a Garrett Ace 250 (today) & would like to tag along with fellow Michiganders to learn. I have never been detecting, and can't wait to try it out. - Dave

Hey Dave. Congrats on your purchase. I am a fellow newbie myself, so probably not too much you could learn from me, but maybe someday our paths will cross. I've been trying to find a few buddies to go detecting with myself, because sometimes going by myself gets a little lonely. Well, I wish you best of luck!

It looks like there is a few of us in Macomb/Oakland County. It would be nice to organize a meet and greet/hunt at a local park. River Bends sounds like a cool place. My wife & I are itching to get out & detect for the first time other than in our yard. After reading some of the local rules & restrictions in our area, I'm not sure where to go. If anyone is interested let me know.

Back
Top Bottom