Pretty UNreale find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goes4ever

Elite Member
Hunted two old yards after work tonite. First one I got the 1890 V nickel and wheats. Trust me I was happy to get just the V nickel, I LOVE old nickels and deep ones are hard to come by, the signals on nickels are very jumpy and I chase a lot of signals to get the ones I have found

Second house I got the silver quarter, happy again, anyday with silver AND an old nickel I am pumped..........then I got a solid signal, screaming is more like it, came in around 06-46,...07-46 area........Cut the plug and put the pinpointer in the hole it was still a few inches deeper, I reached the loose dirt out and saw the big silver rim, at first I thought I had another silver half. But was I way OFF, it was a 8 reale...........and 1739!!!!! My new OLDEST ever coin. Before this it was a 1746 KG copper. You can say I am more than pleased. I included a freshly dug dirty pic and you can see the details I saw as it came out of the hole, that is an UNreale find, especially for NW Ohio!!!!
Alo I never saw a coin with notches all around the edges, so I googled it and apparently that is how they were made....pretty unique!

Attachments

• freshly dug 1739.jpg
    freshly dug 1739.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 4,583
  • 5-15-14.jpg
    5-15-14.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 4,673
  • 1739 reverse.jpg
    1739 reverse.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 4,725
  • 1739 reale.jpg
    1739 reale.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 4,606
  • side notches.jpg
    side notches.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 4,593
  • 1890 V.jpg
    1890 V.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 4,668
Wow!! A freaking 8 Reale… and in Ohio?!?! You sir have just made a once in a life time find. That is an absolute beauty of a coin. :)

Unreale is right! That I'd just flat out crazy! Way to go!!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Wow Terry... If you're gonna do it, do it right! Screw the halfs and 1 reales... Right to the big ol' 8!

Unreal for sure!

From what I understand they are mostly in new england, so thats a long long horse ride or hike to ohio just to loose that beautiful coin!

Great find, you will have a hard time beating that. Everything else will seem like pocket change for you now.

Holy !!!! that is insane!!!! Man how in the world do you gain so many permissions to hunt yards?

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

Back
Top Bottom