In Montana, Where Should I Go?

Diggum

Elite Member
I'm near the town of West Yellowstone for a week. I brought my detector, "just in case," and I'm looking to break away from the family at some point this week, for a few hours. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to go, other than the couple of local parks?

Thanks, y'all!

So far, no luck with a location. At Jackson Hole Resort. Here's something pretty, if not metallic...

Attachments

• 20180719_105943.jpg
    20180719_105943.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 134
I have horrible luck going to a new town and finding a good spot. Mainly cause I hate to ask people to detect their yards. A gps with land ownership would be helpful to find empty lots owned by city/county.

Google Earth is a great way to get a really good layout of the area! I use it all the time researching and getting ideas about where to go.

Thank you, both. The guy that owns the house we're renting suggested the old railroad line, so I think I'll follow that for a bit, today. And maybe try the local school, if it's not locked up.

A little research, and I found a great spot! I'll have a video up soon!

OK, I got the video posted! I'm still pumped about this relic hunt, and wish I could have stayed and detected the area for several more days, but it is just not meant to be...

Video link: https://youtu.be/sV53lSj3G-k

Back
Top Bottom