Worst Year For Gold

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well it finally happened. I had a bad year for gold. Since I started water hunting in 2001 I was doing great. If I wasn't finding 4 - 6 gold rings a trip I wasn't doing good. But my hunting has changed. I probably found over 100 phones this summer, a lot of glasses, keys a few wallets, boat parts, and one gun that a CPL holder lost getting into his boat. I dove every day of the week this summer and had a lot of fun. I did find a few rings for folks also. It was a very good diving year.

Glad to hear you had a great summer, profitable I am sure. You surely made multiples of the 8 gold rings worth on recoveries, well done!

Those are some nice looking rings for sure. I call that a great year honestly. Before I found a freshwater hot spot this past winter, I'd be lucky to average 3-4 pieces of gold a season. Though that was mostly dirt hunting, but still... Sounds like you had plenty of other action too! I'm sure your services are appreciated by many, including myself. Hope you have a Merry Christmas! :santa::xmas::present:

Glad to hear you had a great summer, profitable I am sure. You surely made multiples of the 8 gold rings worth on recoveries, well done!

It was very profitable actually. Even I was surprised. My best gold finding year was 27 grand. I way overdid that with my new adventure.

Those are some nice looking rings for sure. I call that a great year honestly. Before I found a freshwater hot spot this past winter, I'd be lucky to average 3-4 pieces of gold a season. Though that was mostly dirt hunting, but still... Sounds like you had plenty of other action too! I'm sure your services are appreciated by many, including myself. Hope you have a Merry Christmas! :santa::xmas::present:

Thank you. I am sure my Christmas will be content. I just need a winter out of Michigan!

looks like a pretty good year to me. Are you planning on a nice warm vacation some where this winter with a little detecting and warm diving .

Last edited:
As much as you , and all of us, want to find "wild" gold rings, yet your other passion : Posse-hunting rescues, are probably the bigger reward. Not just monetarily, but the human-relations.

We will forgive you for not finding "4 to 6 gold rings per hunt", as long as you're coming to the rescue of all those folks . Your stories are great !

Strangely i had my best year in awhile with 9 gold. With all the hunts over on the west side (mud, treasure2some, irons) to name a few its tough!

Looks like you did excellent. I've found it's not the gold... its the memories that count....who can forget some of the interesting things you have done....my favorite was the dumpster diving n finding cash...:yes:.

Looks like Scuba couldn't wait to get out of the cold water :laughing:
S7oQy9l.gif
Scuba animated cartoon diver.gif and back to land detecting Scuba metal detecting animation3.gif

Last edited:
:dingding: Looks like your 8 rings weigh more than my greater number of golds for the year. If you weren't doing the other stuff you would've no doubt killed it on the gold. :yes:

But those are real quality finds. This year has been crazy for most of the hunters i know as well. Sunglasses.... man what a year for those.... never seen so many found. Looks like they started wearing them instead of gold.

Well...if it happened to you, then I guess it can happen to anybody. And this body it happened to. For three or four summers I found rings (Gold and Silver) every time out. One day I landed 5 rings in about 3 hours (2 gold & 3 silver) But then...everything stopped. Last summer I found two rings the first day and didn't connect again...ever! Closing the beaches slowed thing a bit but not that much...TWO I Tell Ya! Better luck next year! BTW - You got a nice collection of gold there! Thanks for the pics. H Digs

Back
Top Bottom