Hello 2018, anybody have any goals for the new year?

sandgroper

Elite Member
Well it's officially 2018 where I am (20mins past midnight), and I'm pumped to get out and make the most of this year! My goal for this year is to find at least $1000 in clad, 50 silver coins and one dirt gold ring (got two last year :)) Does anybody else have any goals (detecting or non-detecting related) for 2018?

I wish everyone all the best for the new year! :)

Well it's officially 2018 where I am (20mins past midnight), and I'm pumped to get out and make the most of this year! My goal for this year is to find at least $1000 in clad, 50 silver coins and one dirt gold ring (got two last year :)) Does anybody else have any goals (detecting or non-detecting related) for 2018?

I wish everyone all the best for the new year! :)
Yea. Find at least one different silver coin than I've found so far. Really doubt I will beat this year's 55 silvers since my racetrack has dried up and my time budget seems to get shorter. Another interesting trinket at a homestead would be nice too.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

My goal is to get out detecting at least twice a month (I've had my F2 since early 2012 and haven't detected a lot) with my F2, ACE 250, and my brand new (used) AT Pro :)

I'm hoping to find my first silver and first gold ring. I'm also hoping to get some beach hunting in when I go to the San Francisco area in February (I'm in Chicago) and find my first "real" find at a beach.

My goal for this upcoming year is to still be alive at the end of it and beyond and to metal as much as I can.

My goal is to travel to where I might find a dang large cent. I'm also moving further south. Screw winter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My goal is to get out detecting at least twice a month (I've had my F2 since early 2012 and haven't detected a lot) with my F2, ACE 250, and my brand new (used) AT Pro :)

I'm hoping to find my first silver and first gold ring. I'm also hoping to get some beach hunting in when I go to the San Francisco area in February (I'm in Chicago) and find my first "real" find at a beach.

When you come to SF, you can goto pacifica beaches and south but not golden gate national recreation area beaches, those are national parks. Just warning you.:grin:
Hope you find more than a pulltab.:lol:

Me.... I'm going to learn when to stop digging deeper :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

And this is why you’ll fit right in...:grin:
As long as you go use the machine ALOT you’ll find very quickly what the ins and outs are,generally speaking. Coin hunting is the easiest to get the hang of. DEEP coin hunting,especially in difficult conditions with high mineralization or trash,or both,is markedly more difficult. Experience IN THE FIELD WITH THE MACHINE will be your best teacher. Other people can help in ways,but you,your ears,eyes and brain have to “get it”.
You will do well...

My only goal is to leave these cowboy killers alone! ( Marlboro)

Have you tried vaping? One of the best things I’ve ever bought. And I don’t say that lightly.

Attachments

• ECF0D14B-DB7A-46E3-A905-346759BE88B9.jpg
    ECF0D14B-DB7A-46E3-A905-346759BE88B9.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 6CF172C9-D291-4004-9139-B8C45C5B26F4.jpg
    6CF172C9-D291-4004-9139-B8C45C5B26F4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 145
My goals for 2018:

- get out and detect 100hrs. (Took almost 2.5yrs to reach my 1st 100hrs and in 2017 i only managed 40)
- find 5 silver coins (first two in 2017, Thanksgiving weekend)
- new "oldest" - (currently 1920)

Modest & attainable if i put in the effort... good luck in the New Year, everyone!

Have you tried vaping? One of the best things I’ve ever bought. And I don’t say that lightly.

woodbutcher: if you do want to try vaping, I have several markten coupons that I can send you. They're for starter kits and cartridges probably around $10 worth. Somehow I ended up on their mailing list and I get coupons from them every month. Usually I sell them on ebay for a couple of bucks but if I can help someone here at FMDF kick the habit I'd rather do that. I'm smoke free since Dec 2004 and hope you will be soon too. Message me if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom