My first eye popping find!

trash_digger

So Thursday I started detecting a very old (never detected) home-site. I found an old axe-head, some other unidentified agriculture parts and this watch frame:

5Yu72CX.jpg

Today I went out to hopefully located more of the watch so I could ID it further. I didn't find any more of it, but I did find this:

E4jm6CB.jpg

plqQj2i.jpg

Talk about mind blown! I haven't researched it's price or rarity yet, but just finding something that old is amazing.

I've only logged about 3 total hours at this site just 'cherry picking', so I can't to wait to find what other treasures might be waiting!

The camera doesn't do it justice, you can see the 'LIBERTY' in the head band clearly.

I spoke to my dad about this location, and he said that the house that use to stand there had a front porch that ran the length of the house. I believe these two item must have been under it and been somewhat shielded from the elements.

That would make a lot of sense as to its condition. I can't stop looking at it!!! Absolutely stunning .... great find man.

Found a couple more neat things today:

Marble and piece of jewlery (?)

N7ksgZx.jpg

1875 IH , in just about as good of shape as the LC!

8uTzPcL.jpg

I also dug up whatever this is:

NdChNGF.jpg

Some Super finds there ! Keep going back to the location for sure.

Last item looks like a flat button, the place on the center of back side is where the shank was attached.

Is that thing in the picture with the marble maybe the grip off of a small gun? Doesn't look like jewelry but sure looks like the shape of a derringer grip to me...

Is that thing in the picture with the marble maybe the grip off of a small gun? Doesn't look like jewelry but sure looks like the shape of a derringer grip to me...

I thought so too. I cleaned it up some but am for kind of a loss as to what it is from. I'll take some better pictures of it when I get home tonight

I'm very glad I went back out and plan to spend a lot more time! I have some days off this week that I plan on setting up a grid and turning down the discrimination

So Thursday I started detecting a very old (never detected) home-site. I found an old axe-head, some other unidentified agriculture parts and this watch frame:

5Yu72CX.jpg

Today I went out to hopefully located more of the watch so I could ID it further. I didn't find any more of it, but I did find this:

E4jm6CB.jpg

plqQj2i.jpg

Talk about mind blown! I haven't researched it's price or rarity yet, but just finding something that old is amazing.

I've only logged about 3 total hours at this site just 'cherry picking', so I can't to wait to find what other treasures might be waiting!

put a xf on that braided 30 bucks

Back
Top Bottom