Vegas SHOT Show

flyin-lowe

Elite Member
Curious if any of you have ever been to the SHOT Show in Las Vegas? For those not familiar it is a Shooting Hunting Outdoor Technology (something like that) and is one of the largest conventions in the world for anything outdoor related. It is not open to the public but I am getting to go this year via my employer. I've have seen youtube videos from past shows where some of your favorite youtube stars are at the Garrett booth, as well of KG and Ringy. It seems every company in the world that sells shooting, hunting, outdoor equipment etc. will be there. Some co workers of mine go every year and say you can walk around 8 hours a day for the week and not make it to every booth.

Yep...I used to have a booth there!...Amazing event...very cool place to hang out with likeminded people...beautiful...I wish I was going this year....a guy feels right at home at SHOT and also World Of Concrete which is coming up soon...Have a great time! You Lucky!

Curious if any of you have ever been to the SHOT Show in Las Vegas? For those not familiar it is a Shooting Hunting Outdoor Technology (something like that) and is one of the largest conventions in the world for anything outdoor related. It is not open to the public but I am getting to go this year via my employer. I've have seen youtube videos from past shows where some of your favorite youtube stars are at the Garrett booth, as well of KG and Ringy. It seems every company in the world that sells shooting, hunting, outdoor equipment etc. will be there. Some co workers of mine go every year and say you can walk around 8 hours a day for the week and not make it to every booth.

I hear the same thing. Some like a great place to spend a a couple days!

Dang Bart when I saw you replied I though you were going to tell me you were going to be set up there....

Just to give a very brief overview of how big this event is. I downloaded their app which has a breakdown of vendors by type.
Here are a few.
Air gun booths -87
Ammo booths - 201
Cutlery/knife 100
Firearms- 474
Law enforcement products -682
Just the tip of the iceberg, there are over 100 vender types on the app and many of those have over 100 booths total, most have 20-50.

I checked and the convention center is 3.2 million square feet. My local Lowes store is 100k square feet. So I am imagining 32 lowes stores full of stuff I love......

Yep...I used to have a booth there!...Amazing event...very cool place to hang out with likeminded people...beautiful...I wish I was going this year....a guy feels right at home at SHOT and also World Of Concrete which is coming up soon...Have a great time! You Lucky!

What type of business were/are you in?

What type of business were/are you in?

Metal Working Machinery...alot of my customers are at SHOT...I've got machines in a lot of shops...from treestands to knifemakers, a few years back, in lieu of displaying at traditional Metal Working Manufacturing shows, I switched the format and exhibited at shows where my Customers are! SHOT show one week, World of Concrete the next, the EAA, Barrett Jackson, Miami Boat, OTC in Houston, SEMA...'Where Ever Men Work With Metal'..was the idea....

Its a lot more fun and productive being one of the only machine suppliers there...in fact, I think I was the first to try this out...it worked...makes sense huh? 'Trust through transference' kind of thingy.....Even got invited to the Glock award party at the Hardrock one year! That was GREAT!

Hang out at Harrahs...Toby Keith's Bar and Grill...rub elbows and flap your yap!

First day of SHOT show is in the books. Got to talk to the guys from Garrett today. Going back tomorrow, Ringy and KG are supposed to be there and Nuggetnoggen and I think he said Aquachigger from YouTube as well. The guys today were fantastic, they love hunting as much as we do. We were sharing cell phone pics like old friends. It's good to see the big whigs get as excited about an Indian head penny, as the rest of us lol.

Stopped by the Garrett booth again today. Got to meet the "Diggers" KG and Ringy, as well as aquachigger and Nuggetnoggin. All were really great guys to talk to. I'll post a pic once I get back home.

Back
Top Bottom