Brutal Conditions, but Some Success.

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out this morning with Air Force Mike for what was a bitterly cold but rewarding hunt. We shared the experience of low 30 temps, winds gusting to 40 miles per hour being topped off with sleet. We stuck it out for about 2 and a half hours before either of us could feel our hands and called it a day. We hunted the ridges of the school with the hope that it would protect us from the winds. Well that just did not happen. Still it was great to get out again with Mike and I'm sure we will go back again when better conditions allow. Even with the elements treating us so badly we did some ground damage. I managed $3.68 in clad, 6 Wheat's and 3 Silvers. Got a "42s" Merc, along with 2 Rosie's. A "53" and a "64". I am now up to 10 Silver Coins for the year. HH, Jack

Attachments

• 3-29-15.jpg
    3-29-15.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 449
  • 3-29-15 1.jpg
    3-29-15 1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 449
  • 3-29-15 2.jpg
    3-29-15 2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 454
I will have to thaw out and get mine cleaned up, not real totals as of yet as I needed to get into work for a few hours afterwards but will post for sure. I know I have at least one silver on the day. Thanks again for the great hunt ...weather? well that was least to be desired:no:. Had a blast for sure and thank you. :D
AFM

Wow! I can't wait to see what you're going to find when the weather conditions are more cooperative! :shock: Congrats on all your digs, Jack, especially your old coin finds! :thumbsup:

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Congrats on the silvers! Seems like forever since I dug a silver coin.

I will have to thaw out and get mine cleaned up, not real totals as of yet as I needed to get into work for a few hours afterwards but will post for sure. I know I have at least one silver on the day. Thanks again for the great hunt ...weather? well that was least to be desired:no:. Had a blast for sure and thank you. :D
AFM
I forgot to throw you a few Zincolns today Mike, guess the cold had a ill affect on me. Really glad you came up.
Way to persevere!
Not sure we did Rod, as I am still cold.
Wow! I can't wait to see what you're going to find when the weather conditions are more cooperative! :shock: Congrats on all your digs, Jack, especially your old coin finds! :thumbsup:
HH,
Raphis
Dan
Well Dan I am also looking forward to better conditions and hopefully bigger days. This hunt has will stay with me for a bit now. Don't think I'll hunt these conditions again any time soon.
You guys are nuts!
No way I was going out today:no:
Matt you may be totally correct on this one. Jack

Brutal out there today for sure. Way to go on the silvers! Im envious. nice clad count too!
Thank you "Flush", I'm happy to be indoors right now.
Not for me, I despise the cold.. but you guys did well.. Nice scores..
Appreciate the reply Mattioli
Congrats on the silvers!!
Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe
That you Whisperer
Congrats on the silvers! Seems like forever since I dug a silver coin.
It was a good hunt JWP. Hope your wait for Silver ends very soon. Jack

Brrrrr... Congrats on the silvers and braving the elements. We've been up around 90 am for a few day so 30's actually sounds refreshing haha.

:roll:

Come on, you guys had a tropical day compared to my water hunt on the MI. end of Lake Erie today...

Awesome work, and congrats on the triple!!

Stay on em!

<*)))>{

Brrrrr... Congrats on the silvers and braving the elements. We've been up around 90 am for a few day so 30's actually sounds refreshing haha.
Refreshing you say Jason, Next time these conditions exist I'll extend an invitation. We will set up a tent in the back yard so you can enjoy the atmosphere. :lol:
:roll:
Come on, you guys had a tropical day compared to my water hunt on the MI. end of Lake Erie today...
Awesome work, and congrats on the triple!!
Stay on em!
<*)))>{
Say Scratcher you're also invited, possibly share the tent with Jamflicker. :lol: It was a little testy out there.
Sounds like a good time!
GK a bit cold and wet but did have pretty good company.
Excellent hunt! Congrats on the silver!
Thank you MM.
Nicely done Jack, congrats on the silvers and toughing out the cold.
Appreciate it Iron, don't think I'll repeat it for a while. Jack

Say Scratcher you're also invited, possibly share the tent with Jamflicker. :lol: It was a little testy out there.

OK I'll help you out...

When it gets that cold, they are not called tents... "Shanty" is the word we use when it gets real nice out...:D

<°)))>{

Jack even with the rough conditions this year sounds like your off to a good start. Congrats on the silvers.

Back
Top Bottom