Serious Garrett EMI chatter. Won't go above 3 sensitivity.|SOLVED|

critik

So on a brand new Garrett AT Pro I can not go above three sensitivity with out me getting EMI. And the higher I go the worse it gets it does not matter where I am it still happens. And what I need to know is if it is common with these stock coils to have problems like this. It chatter while I am holding it completely still in mid air.

It can not be the box right? This may sound dumb but when the coil is not plugged in it does it have any problems lol.

I wish I had another coil to plug to it. But if anyone knows about this type of problem being the coil or box help me out. Also I have tried everything with changing settings.

[FAULTY COIL WAS THE ISSUE]

Last edited:
Are you sure you have the coil fully plugged in? The ATP is notorious for being very difficult to properly seat the coil plug.

I had that exact same issue when I bought my first Garrett. Turned out the coil was not connected to the main unit all the way.

Something is not right,I run full sensitivity with no falsing at all.

Are you sure you have the coil fully plugged in? The ATP is notorious for being very difficult to properly seat the coil plug.

This may be a silly question but was it ground balanced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that exact same issue when I bought my first Garrett. Turned out the coil was not connected to the main unit all the way.

Faulty coil solved. I see this problem all the time tho people need to know it's def most likely the coil if you tried everything else to solve it and failed

I run full sensitivity most of the time and my ATPro had been working w/o any chatter at all. It recently started lots of chatter at the 3 highest sensitivity settings and I thought it might be the 5x8 coil since I've had it quite a while and it had a cut in the cable down close to the coil. I have 2 other coils (the stock Garrett and the NEL Attack) and each one of them was chatty also. Tried all the usual fixes (new batts, re-tighten connections, change frequencies, etc.) and nothing worked. This is my second ATPro and the unit was still under warranty. I called Garrett and they asked me to send it back along with the 2 Garrett coils.

Turns out there was something wrong with the unit and they repaired that. I don't know if the coils were also a problem, but they sent back 2 brand new coils (stock and 5x8). They also cleaned up the housing on the unit and replaced the faceplate. Garrett tossed in some freebies and got the unit back to me in just a few days. I was out the shipping cost, but very satisfied with their service.

I run full sensitivity most of the time and my ATPro had been working w/o any chatter at all. It recently started lots of chatter at the 3 highest sensitivity settings and I thought it might be the 5x8 coil since I've had it quite a while and it had a cut in the cable down close to the coil. I have 2 other coils (the stock Garrett and the NEL Attack) and each one of them was chatty also. Tried all the usual fixes (new batts, re-tighten connections, change frequencies, etc.) and nothing worked. This is my second ATPro and the unit was still under warranty. I called Garrett and they asked me to send it back along with the 2 Garrett coils.

Turns out there was something wrong with the unit and they repaired that. I don't know if the coils were also a problem, but they sent back 2 brand new coils (stock and 5x8). They also cleaned up the housing on the unit and replaced the faceplate. Garrett tossed in some freebies and got the unit back to me in just a few days. I was out the shipping cost, but very satisfied with their service.

Strange. How much is shipping?

Back
Top Bottom