Beach hunting after New Hampshire Storm

Propjob

Hit a small local beach this morning around low tide. Had heavy thunder storms and decided to see what might have been deposited. Using an Equinox800. This side of the beach typically for the last year has been encumbered by seaweed. So not many bathers. But it being NE, I figured maybe something had been made detectable. All I found were a couple of rusted metal spots, which funny, did not sound like iron with no discrimination. In the pools, using Beach 2 had several targets that showed 12-11. but couldn't recover Also showed with handpointer. Weird day! For those that have had more experience beach hunting, I noticed that the beach a striations in the sand and a few pools of water which I attempted. Sand was some what firm, not black . I will try to attach a couple of photos to get your opinions I usually have been a ground type detectorist and started beach hunting last year. Not good yet at reading the beach

Prop

Attachments

• P7070128_edited1.jpg
    P7070128_edited1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 375
  • P70701331.jpg
    P70701331.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 377
  • P70701311_edited.jpg
    P70701311_edited.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 351
I him sometime s on Long island. If I saw the ponds I'd hit there very slowly.

Long Island has been hit with the seaweed and the massive vomit like smell that won't leave.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

are you saying a slow swing or because of smell? Do the striations on the beach tell anything?

From what I’m told, the low spots and black sand are great places to find older stuff. I vacation in Hampton beach every August and have had a bit of luck in the wet sand with my AT pro but it’s not a very good machine in salt water. I did pluck a walking liberty half out of the dry sand @ 9” back in May right next to the boardwalk at the first bath house, couldn’t believe it!! It’s toasted but I could get a date (1918). I did just buy a Equinox 600 so I could get into the wet sand with better results so we’ll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom