Cannonball Baby! * Update with Pics!!!*

Kolby72

Forum Supporter
Went out detecting with our local group today and I didnt find much, I found a couple coins and some musket balls. But my buddy found a good signal and started digging and then he pulled out this awesome cannonball! We were on a known battlefield and this is the second cannonball that has been found there. I bought it off him right after that and I am super happy with the deal!

Attachments

• IMAG0440.jpg
    IMAG0440.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 955
Last edited:
Yeah I hope I do! This thing is from the battle of Kaiserslautern where Napoleon's troops fought against Prussian troops in a fierce battle. Napoleon's troops actually lost this battle and there is stuff scattered everwhere so there are more of these out there we just gotta find them.

Thanks for looking guys! I did some work on it today and I got the majority of the rust off of it today and I am planning on doing some electrolysis on it soon.

That's pretty cool! I'd trade my cannon ball for that one... if I had one! That's definetly a great conversation piece and home security device. Still look'n for mine, the Revolutionary War "battle of White Plains" took place in my back yard, but I got nothing yet...

I would like to have a cannon ball from the revolutionary war! Something from the founding of our nation would be absolutely amazing!

Thanks for looking guys! I did some work on it today and I got the majority of the rust off of it today and I am planning on doing some electrolysis on it soon.

I've often wondered this, but how on earth are you going to hook up an aligator clip to a cannonball? :lol: I only wondered because I've wanted to find one so bad that electrolysis crossed my mind... Maybe a large clamp would work, but that seems about the only way it would make contact for a long period of time.. Did you figure out how you're going to do it?:?:

I've often wondered this, but how on earth are you going to hook up an aligator clip to a cannonball? :lol: I only wondered because I've wanted to find one so bad that electrolysis crossed my mind... Maybe a large clamp would work, but that seems about the only way it would make contact for a long period of time.. Did you figure out how you're going to do it?:?:

I thought about this as well lol but I picked up a stainless steall grate similar to one on a BBQ grill and I am going to sit the ball on that and then since the ball is touching it it will work out perfect. I got the idea from Germansearcher, his electrolysis setup is awesome! I also picked up some Kaisernatrone (have no clue what it is in english maybe like backing soda) and this stuff just destroys the rust. I will post pics after I am done!

Back
Top Bottom