Flower pics, and a baby bird

havefaith

Elite Member
Hi Everyone, I got a new camera and I have been taking pics of everything. My husband and I went to my parents house, my mom loves to garden and her flowers were simply beautiful, so I snapped a bunch of them. I was talking to my dad when my name is being yelled with urgency. Everyone is standing around this baby bird, but no one would touch it. I love wild life, and have handfed a baby blue jay for a couple of days. I was told by the wildlife officers I could have put it in a tree banch or bush, the parents supposedly would keep feeding, even if touched by humans. Well I cleaned off a branch and took a pic. Well the little bugger was excited, and was calling for mom, and fell off the branch. We were all very worried. My mom has a little birdhouse sitting on top of her clothesline, very high up. We watched the mom flying back and forth, so if we could just find the baby we could get it back into the nest.

Again, about a 1/2 hr later, I hear my name being yelled with urgency. he baby was out on the side of the road. The neighborhood kid found it. So his mom made him go and get the ladder. I am afraid of heights, but up the ladder I went. I had to turn the baby sideways to get him into the nest, he hopped right on in. The baby was safe. I called mom the next day, she said the parents were feeding the baby, that all was well. Here are the pics I took.

HaveFaith

Attachments

• clementis-3.JPG
    clementis-3.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 218
  • redflower-1.JPG
    redflower-1.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 212
  • iris-2.JPG
    iris-2.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 217
  • lily-1.JPG
    lily-1.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 215
  • orchid-1.JPG
    orchid-1.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 217
Here are a few more

Attachments

• purpleorchid-1.JPG
    purpleorchid-1.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 206
  • orchid-2.JPG
    orchid-2.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 197
  • babychickadee.JPG
    babychickadee.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 210
Very Nice Pictures and Story.
What Brand of Camera did You use?
I just Bought a Nikon, So I'm trying to Figure it Out with the Computer.
Posting Pics Makes the Forums So Much More Interesting and Helpful.
I Hope it's Not to Hard to Learn or Figure Out...

Beautiful scenes!

Nice photos Have Faith! I bought a Nikon d40 last week and have been clicking everything in sight! Love the camera it is so easy to use!

Attachments

• sunset0001.JPG
    sunset0001.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Gypsy0001.JPG
    Gypsy0001.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 199
  • horseshoe crab0001.JPG
    horseshoe crab0001.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 205
Nice pics guys! And ... AWWWW .....

I'm always taking pics but I don't share them much.

I see a bunch of nice desktop backgrounds there.

Nice photos Have Faith! I bought a Nikon d40 last week and have been clicking everything in sight! Love the camera it is so easy to use!

pittfire I know the feeling, lol. I have the Olympus, with a nice big lense. I love my new camera!! Is that a sunset? Sunsets are my favorites

Attachments

• sunset.JPG
    sunset.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 205
  • sunset-1.JPG
    sunset-1.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 202
Very Nice Pictures and Story.
What Brand of Camera did You use?
I just Bought a Nikon, So I'm trying to Figure it Out with the Computer.
Posting Pics Makes the Forums So Much More Interesting and Helpful.
I Hope it's Not to Hard to Learn or Figure Out...

Just read your manual. I had my camera figured out in no time. Like a MD, practice makes perfect. Good luck, snap everything!

HaveFaith

Thanks for the Advice HF.
Can I ask a Few More?

Are You Using a Tripod Stand?
Are You Using Any of the Computer Enhancement Features?

Some of these Pics that get Posted are just Beautiful.
Professional Grade.

Thanks for the Advice HF.
Can I ask a Few More?

Are You Using a Tripod Stand?
Are You Using Any of the Computer Enhancement Features?

Some of these Pics that get Posted are just Beautiful.
Professional Grade.

wishooter, I haven't gotten a tripod as of yet, and no computer enhancement features. My camera has 28 shooting modes for scenes, and I play with them to make the best pic I can. I also have 2 different macro modes, and digital picture stabilization. I have regular macro and super macro. The software that comes with it is awesome, but I haven't played around with the programs yet. I have been getting used to the macro mode, which I love. This camera has 4 different image quality shooting modes, which for the flowers and the baby bird, I used the highest quality, which doesn't give you many pics to shoot, I need to get the memory card for the camera still. I will be getting a tripod as I can delay the pic also. Don't be afraid to experiment with the camera. Have fun with it.

HaveFaith

Those are beautiful! My wife planted different types of lilies this past month. We hope to have some blooms before year end. :)

Back
Top Bottom