Beach MD Surf PI

whiteriver

Anybody have one of these? Thinking of buying one for salt water beaches.
Don't want to take a chance on getting MXT wet and I've heard the MXT goes a little crazy in wet sand!
Thanks for any feedback
JP

Yeah, I got one

I have a Minelab e-trac for deep coins.

I have a Whites MXT for general purpose hunting.

I just got the Whites Surf Dual Field for wet sand. 2 reasons. #1 it is water proof and I don't have to worry about a mishap or wading with it. #2 a good pulse machine cannot be beat on wet mineralized sand. I live in Oregon and that is what the West Coast has is mineralized beaches.

Now if you live in Florida, that is a different matter. I hear tell there is no iron in the sand, so then it is more a matter of whether you can keep the detector dry.

George

Well, I looked at the Tesoro Sand Shark & Tiger Shark and read some opinions, best I can tell one is for fresh water and the other one is better in salt. I'm making a bit of a jump thinking the White's Surfmaster PI is capable of working in both environments! It seems the more research one does the more confusing the issue becomes. Either way, I really don't want to drop my new MXT in the drink.:?::?::?:
JP

Well, I can tell you this. I use my SM DF PI on the beach, wet sand, in the surf and I take it in the intracoastal waterway which is fresh water and I get the same great results. I find everything from tiny fish hooks to an old boat cleet. If I didnt have the Whites PI I would go with a Excalibur II . Either way you will find goodies. The Pi I got for 799.00

Well, I looked at the Tesoro Sand Shark & Tiger Shark and read some opinions, best I can tell one is for fresh water and the other one is better in salt. I'm making a bit of a jump thinking the White's Surfmaster PI is capable of working in both environments! It seems the more research one does the more confusing the issue becomes. Either way, I really don't want to drop my new MXT in the drink.:?::?::?:
JP

Tereso s better in the freshwater than the salt... the tigershark does not like the saltwater too much... as far as the Dual Field is concerned its deeper than any VLF on the beach hands down... its a detector for the water and wet sand where there is little iron...

Ok, the White's PI Dualie sounds like where I'll be putting my next $800 (probably sometime in the next decade if I live that long), how close do ya'll think it will perform to an MXT on dry land?
JP

Ok, the White's PI Dualie sounds like where I'll be putting my next $800 (probably sometime in the next decade if I live that long), how close do ya'll think it will perform to an MXT on dry land?
JP

You don't want to use a PI in the dirt... you can do alot better shopping around for the DF... I paid under 700 for mine...

You don't want to use a PI in the dirt... you can do alot better shopping around for the DF... I paid under 700 for mine...

How does the PI do on dry sand? I currently use an Ace 250 on dry sand and am saving for a PI.

Last edited:

You mean White's Surfmaster Dual Field? I need a better detector for the water but also want one that can hunt on dry sand and on land.

Can always keep the ACE 250 for that but I will dig far more beaches than I ever will dirt.

My Whites dual field cant be beat in the sand. I found a dime at 12" and a pepsi can at 30"+. I also found 2 links to a cheap chain at around 6". If there is a ring in the sand not deeper than 12" you will find it.

Here's what I find after a closer look at the Whites:
Surf PI Dual Field=Salt Water & Sand
Beach Hunter ID 300 Salt & Freshwater

Of course, add another $100 or so for the luxury of hunting freshwater!
That'l add another year of savings before I can get my hands on one.
JP

My Whites dual field cant be beat in the sand. I found a dime at 12" and a pepsi can at 30"+. I also found 2 links to a cheap chain at around 6". If there is a ring in the sand not deeper than 12" you will find it.

I found a wedding band down 20 plus inches dated 1892 so the DF is very deep but its not a detector to use on land unless you are crazy enough to do so ;) I have hunted with it in the dry sand just for fun and its deep... its my main detector for finding the older deep gold a VLF won't see..

I am up here treasure hunting in Nehalem..... My Whites Spectra v3i just found a crabpot at 4' deep and the my Dual Field was screaming at it with 2ft of airgap and the 4ft. If there is a treasure chest on the beach and I walk over it I will find it. Time to go and get dinner.

Back
Top Bottom