1st hunt with the AT PRO turns up semi key dates...Silver AND Gold

Dig Joy

It was a great day Md'ing :cool:

I just got an At pro last week so the lady could use the ace250 when we go out..I went to the forest where we found some old 1800s silver spills in the past with the 250 and hunted over the same area on pro mode almost running wide open and found 10 old coins! A key-date 1895 Barber dime and a 1900 Barber for my 2 silvers :D 5 IH pennys!...The nicest one is a semi-key date 1875! It has a sweet green patina on it...and 3 wheats...

Also found my first gold! (I think) I cant make out the stamp without a loupe...but it sure looks like an old gold wedding band...It was deep and came less than a ft away from the 1875 IH!

It's a "mind blowing" site..On this 4th trip there - I found 4 of the IH's in the first 25 mins! So far 16 pre 1914 silvers 21 IH's 3 V Nickels 1 Buf 1 Shield and some wheats...and a lot more ground to cover.

Attachments

• IH 1.jpg
    IH 1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • IH 2.jpg
    IH 2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,054
  • IH3.jpg
    IH3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,056
  • IH4.jpg
    IH4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,074
  • IH5.jpg
    IH5.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,043
Also found a HUGE old bullet...and a cool old fork....and some sort of pin that came in as a silver dollar!

Attachments

• IH6.jpg
    IH6.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,062
Have you noticed with the AT Pro....you must slow down your swings? Took a bit of time to get used to since I made the switch from the 250 like you. And, I hunt the AT Pro wide open now....unless I do a quick tot-lot battery money hunt!

Do you remember what VDI you got with the indian heads....just curious?

I like the 1875!

I hunt the AT Pro wide open now....unless I do a quick tot-lot battery money hunt!

Do you remember what VDI you got with the indian heads....just curious?

I like the 1875!

I think they were coming in around 71-74 but none were all that solid since they were deep... I was just digging all repeatable signals that were above 40 and thats how I found the gold ring :) About the swing speed..I swing way too fast but as soon as I hear a good tone or get a repeatable signal and or see a good # I slow down and pin point it...

I think they were coming in around 71-74 but none were all that solid since they were deep... I was just digging all repeatable signals that were above 40 and thats how I found the gold ring :) About the swing speed..I swing way too fast but as soon as I hear a good tone or get a repeatable signal and or see a good # I slow down and pin point it...

A BIG tip....you are in an awesome area. I have to slow way down where I'm at. Try slowing down and see what happens. It's so easy to miss those deep targets. I watch the screen and listen. Some of those deep hits didn't even make a sound but showed up deep on the screen. I would have missed them if I hadn't seen it because I heard nothing.

Gold...I dig ALL solid low tones...olny 1 gold ring so far....but lots of nickels!

Try a slow hunt in your best spot....I dare ya'!:lol:

Great job on all the finds, congratulations on having a really successful first hunt with a new machine!

Looks like you are doing great with the new machine. Just got mine and it has been raining. Congrats on the awesome finds.

Yes I slow my swings on the AT for sure. Especially where I'm hunting. It is loaded with stuff. I just take my time and clear the top at 2 bars on the soccer fields and it paid off. If not, I will be digging all day long in one spot. I rather get the top stuff before someone else right. But these are some nice digs for sure. What area are you from? What is the "Arrowhead Area"? HH

Yes I slow my swings on the AT for sure. What area are you from? What is the "Arrowhead Area"? HH

The Arrowhead Region is located in the northeastern part of the U.S. state of Minnesota, so called because of its pointed shape.

I have been "speed hunting" this spot since it's so big, 10+ acres, trying to fgure out where the concentration of people gathered :yes: Now that I know the site better, I will be slowing down and looking for those faint iffy targets...I think i will find more goodies when the weeds start to die back-since a lot of the forest is still covered in unswingable tall grass...

Back
Top Bottom